Orebits Corp., a provider of Blockchain-based asset digitization services for unrefined minerals, metals, and un-extrapolated commodities, announces the creation of an entirely new asset class, referred to as “Orebits.AU,” that allows for the inherent value found in unrefined gold reserves to be released and positioned for investment, financial leverage, liquidity and balance sheet enhancement.
Given the volatility of the current crypto-currency marketplace, inclusive of both real and perceived market constraints surrounding the growing number of initial coin offerings (ICOs), Orebits Corp. has co-developed a fully-compatible product “ecosystem” that will allow for balance sheet capture, accounting for, pledge, hypothecation, re-hypothecation, internal-external audit and management reporting on Orebits.AU as an entirely new asset class. This ecosystem incorporates a number of highly respected entities and concerns in the crypto-technology, cyber-security, distributed ledger, financial audit, compliance, and treasury management sectors.
“Our primary goal was to not only create and fully support a new and efficient way to monetize reserves,” explains Orebits Corp. Executive Director and spokesperson, Carlos Montoya, “but to develop a top-tier, institutional-grade, asset class, inclusive of the underlying product infrastructure to support it.”
Each Orebits.AU derives its value from in-situ and all other unrefined gold reserves that have been deposited as collateral into Orebits Pool, LLC a special purpose vehicle (SPV). Reserve owners seeking the issuance of Orebits.AU for their reserves, work with the Company to evaluate and document their reserves. Requisite Security Agreements, recorded UCC filings, collateral custody and maintenance agreements support the SPV pool. The underlying gold reserves serve to collateralize each Orebits.AU in circulation at a 5 to 1 ratio. The appraised value of the unrefined gold reserves in the SPV pool sets forth a benchmark valuation of the collateral underpinning Orebits.AU, the latter of which may be further employed by reserve owners in order to secure various types of financing structures, institutional loan agreements, and/or individual or corporate balance sheet enhancements.
The use of Orebits.AU, with its exclusively licensed distributed ledger technology for the gold vertical, allows reserve owners to capture and utilize the inherent value in their reserves, subject to their ability to monetize the Orebits.AU units issued to them upon digitization of their claims.
“Given the extreme volatility currently being experienced in the cryptocurrency marketplace, we felt it prudent to take the extra legal steps and vigorously follow a disciplined course of product development to make Orebits.AU one of the world’s first fully-transparent, reserve-backed, crypto assets,” said Orebits CEO Scott Mehlman. “Doing so allows Orebits.AU, among other investment, balance sheet, or estate planning purposes, to be considered as an ‘acceptable collateral’ asset class for bank platform lending and financial planning programs.”
While the current focus of Orebits Corp. remains centered on gold, its patent-pending technology covers a broad range of in-situ or un-extrapolated reserves including, but not limited to, platinum, titanium, lithium, copper and/or liquid assets such as oil and gas reserves.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019