Wirex is reporting that it has signed a deal with Japan’s foremost FinTech investor, SBI Holdings, to establish a new Asia focussed joint venture, SBI Wirex Asia. The collaboration means that Wirex benefits from SBI Holdings’ support, scale and Asian market relationships. SBI Holdings will achieve access to Japan’s favourite cryptocurrency payments card provider and unrivalled expertise in the world of blockchain based finance.
SBI Wirex Asia will deliver a Japanese cryptocurrency payment card and joint businesses, which benefit from Wirex’s global expertise within the world of Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT), payments and cryptocurrencies.
Pavel Matveev, CEO, Wirex said:
“Our new relationship with SBI Holdings enables us to deepen our already market leading position in the country to offer new Japan and Asia focussed products and services. I look forward to working with the team at SBI.”
“Japanese customers are our most enthusiastic supporters and use our VISA-backed cryptocurrency debit card more regularly than anywhere else in the world. They deserve a Yen denominated card soon and we will deliver it to them.
The new joint venture, SBI Wirex Asia, follows a previous investment this year of $3 million by SBI Group in Wirex. Wirex and SBI Wirex Asia will work closely together to ensure Japanese customers benefit from Wirex’s global community and expertise with the support of SBI Wirex Asia.
Wataru Kojima, Wirex Japan CEO, said:
“I am pleased to see SBI Holdings enter into a relationship with Wirex, which will offer Japanese customers much improved choice and flexibility when it comes to cryptocurrency payments.
“Japan leads the world in bitcoin regulation and our accountants are armed with the tools to accept bitcoin on balance sheets. I will ensure Japan maintains our preeminent position in this space though providing the most innovative and cost-effective technologies globally.”
Wirex is committed to improving and advancing the field of blockchain technologies for all. Last month at Tokyo’s FinTech conference, FIN / SUM Week 2017, Pavel Matveev, Wirex’s Global CEO and Founder, provided industry intelligence and insights to Japan’s FinTech influencers and journalists.
Wirex welcomes Japanese based journalists to meet with Wataru Kojima, Wirex Japan CEO, who can advise on the latest trends and opportunities in the world of cryptocurrencies.
- Canadian Blockchain-Energised Company VitalHub Announces Deployment of COVID-19 Electronic Screening Tool for Long Term Care - April 8, 2020
- Blockchain Powered Immuno-Oncology Company Mateon Claims Anti-Malarial Drug Called Artemisinin, Derived from Asian Medicine Can Help Fight Covid-19 - April 8, 2020
- Auto Manufacturer Tesla To Use Blockchain Technology to Speed Up Shipping Supply Chain - April 8, 2020
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020