StormX, the Blockchain-powered adtech and micro-task innovators, today announced the plans for integration of the Bancor Protocol, a standard for autonomously convertible Blockchain cryptocurrencies and other tokens called Smart Tokens™. The collaboration will allow STORM tokens to be converted to and from ETH and other tokens in the Bancor Network, directly from a simple web application. The STORM token public sale will commence November 7, 2017.
The protocol enables Smart Tokens to be purchased or sold directly through the tokens’ smart contracts, without any counterparty. This newly embedded functionality in the STORM token will enhance user experience by offering additional stability thanks to an algorithmic price determining mechanism.
Guy Benartzi, Bancor Co-Founder and member of StormX’s Board of Advisors, said:
“The addition of STORM tokens to the Bancor Network™ is a great pleasure for us as another step towards autonomous convertibility between all cryptocurrencies. Uptake by useful and high quality projects such as StormX is the best way to create the liquidity network effect the industry so badly needs.”
The Bancor Protocol™ standardizes a built-in price determining formula and convertibility mechanism for tokens on smart contract Blockchains such as Ethereum. These Smart Tokens™ enable any party from anywhere in the world to instantly buy or sell any token in the Bancor Network™ directly through a simple on-chain interface at a continuously calculated price based on buy and sell volumes. A Smart Token™ such as STORM token can be bought and sold anytime, at a formulaically calculated price.
Simon Yu, CEO of StormX, said:
“StormX is delighted to be the second Smart Token ever to integrate the Bancor Protocol. This collaboration offers unparalleled stability and user experience for STORM tokens, making them infinitely more useful to members of the STORM community. As we quickly approach the start of our crowdsale on November 7th, we feel this collaboration puts the finishing touches on our platform, enabling us to provide our loyal community with the cutting edge and flexible experience they deserve.”
StormX is the creator of Storm Play, a Blockchain-based platform that will utilize smart contracts on the Ethereum Blockchain to manage gamified micro-tasks between buyers and sellers. Users receive rewards in the form of STORM tokens which they can use to participate in the Storm Play marketplace.
Steven Nerayoff, Esq. LL.M., Alchemist Ventures Founder and architect of the Ethereum token sale, said:
“Alchemist Ventures is delighted to have brought together the industry leading teams behind Bancor and StormX in what we believe is one of the strongest collaborations in the Blockchain space today.”
Registration is now open for the STORM token crowdsale which starts Tuesday, November 7th via the official STORM website at stormtoken.com/tokensale.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020