The collaboration focuses initially on initiatives around Enigma’s landmark product, Catalyst, a machine-based investing platform and trading infrastructure for digital assets. Catalyst will be used to support reserve operators on KyberNetwork, while KyberNetwork will integrate with Catalyst as a data provider and as an exchange service.
In the longer term, both companies will work towards their shared perspective for the decentralization of crypto-asset exchange and the expansion of blockchains through potential initiatives in different industries and verticals.
Enigma co-founder and CEO Guy Zyskind said:
“Enigma has an ambitious goal to build a protocol that can support mass adoption of decentralized applications. As a first step, this partnership will help build momentum and acceptance of the Enigma protocol, working toward our goal of democratizing data. All of us at Enigma have tremendous respect for the KyberNetwork team and their view for the future of decentralization. Our companies are excited to work towards future strategic initiatives and believe this sets a strong precedent for our other partnerships in the space.”
While the original concept of the internet is that of decentralized information and freedom, the past decade has seen the increased centralization of data owned by a few large companies.
Data is quickly becoming the most valuable digital asset. The primary aim of the Enigma protocol is to return to the original vision of the internet and create a single, open-sourced protocol for permanently storing, sharing and processing of data.
Enigma is building a decentralized, scalable blockchain data marketplace for the web by building a necessary second-layer, off-chain network. Through this unique infrastructure, Enigma aspires to fix the biggest flaws of blockchain — scalability and privacy.
Loi Luu, KyberNetwork co-founder and CEO, said:
“Our partnership with Enigma solidifies our aspiration to be the leader in the crypto-asset exchange sector. With Enigma’s vision, their deep understanding of blockchain technology and the power of Catalyst, this collaboration is expected to spark innovation and additional research into the intricacies of trading behavior. In so doing, we hope that our efforts can close the gap between data demand and supply, and empower effective and efficient use of data.”
Enigma and KyberNetwork aim to revolutionize how data is used and to realize the full potential of the blockchain economy. The number of unique crypto-assets circulating in the market will expand as the sector continues to mature. Enigma and KyberNetwork’s continued evolution and collaboration will ensure state of the art infrastructure for the transaction of crypto-assets in the future.
Follow Enigma and Catalyst’s progress and updates at https://blog.enigma.co/@Enigma
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020