The collaboration focuses initially on initiatives around Enigma’s landmark product, Catalyst, a machine-based investing platform and trading infrastructure for digital assets. Catalyst will be used to support reserve operators on KyberNetwork, while KyberNetwork will integrate with Catalyst as a data provider and as an exchange service.
In the longer term, both companies will work towards their shared perspective for the decentralization of crypto-asset exchange and the expansion of blockchains through potential initiatives in different industries and verticals.
Enigma co-founder and CEO Guy Zyskind said:
“Enigma has an ambitious goal to build a protocol that can support mass adoption of decentralized applications. As a first step, this partnership will help build momentum and acceptance of the Enigma protocol, working toward our goal of democratizing data. All of us at Enigma have tremendous respect for the KyberNetwork team and their view for the future of decentralization. Our companies are excited to work towards future strategic initiatives and believe this sets a strong precedent for our other partnerships in the space.”
While the original concept of the internet is that of decentralized information and freedom, the past decade has seen the increased centralization of data owned by a few large companies.
Data is quickly becoming the most valuable digital asset. The primary aim of the Enigma protocol is to return to the original vision of the internet and create a single, open-sourced protocol for permanently storing, sharing and processing of data.
Enigma is building a decentralized, scalable blockchain data marketplace for the web by building a necessary second-layer, off-chain network. Through this unique infrastructure, Enigma aspires to fix the biggest flaws of blockchain — scalability and privacy.
Loi Luu, KyberNetwork co-founder and CEO, said:
“Our partnership with Enigma solidifies our aspiration to be the leader in the crypto-asset exchange sector. With Enigma’s vision, their deep understanding of blockchain technology and the power of Catalyst, this collaboration is expected to spark innovation and additional research into the intricacies of trading behavior. In so doing, we hope that our efforts can close the gap between data demand and supply, and empower effective and efficient use of data.”
Enigma and KyberNetwork aim to revolutionize how data is used and to realize the full potential of the blockchain economy. The number of unique crypto-assets circulating in the market will expand as the sector continues to mature. Enigma and KyberNetwork’s continued evolution and collaboration will ensure state of the art infrastructure for the transaction of crypto-assets in the future.
Follow Enigma and Catalyst’s progress and updates at https://blog.enigma.co/@Enigma
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019