The collaboration focuses initially on initiatives around Enigma’s landmark product, Catalyst, a machine-based investing platform and trading infrastructure for digital assets. Catalyst will be used to support reserve operators on KyberNetwork, while KyberNetwork will integrate with Catalyst as a data provider and as an exchange service.
In the longer term, both companies will work towards their shared perspective for the decentralization of crypto-asset exchange and the expansion of blockchains through potential initiatives in different industries and verticals.
Enigma co-founder and CEO Guy Zyskind said:
“Enigma has an ambitious goal to build a protocol that can support mass adoption of decentralized applications. As a first step, this partnership will help build momentum and acceptance of the Enigma protocol, working toward our goal of democratizing data. All of us at Enigma have tremendous respect for the KyberNetwork team and their view for the future of decentralization. Our companies are excited to work towards future strategic initiatives and believe this sets a strong precedent for our other partnerships in the space.”
While the original concept of the internet is that of decentralized information and freedom, the past decade has seen the increased centralization of data owned by a few large companies.
Data is quickly becoming the most valuable digital asset. The primary aim of the Enigma protocol is to return to the original vision of the internet and create a single, open-sourced protocol for permanently storing, sharing and processing of data.
Enigma is building a decentralized, scalable blockchain data marketplace for the web by building a necessary second-layer, off-chain network. Through this unique infrastructure, Enigma aspires to fix the biggest flaws of blockchain — scalability and privacy.
Loi Luu, KyberNetwork co-founder and CEO, said:
“Our partnership with Enigma solidifies our aspiration to be the leader in the crypto-asset exchange sector. With Enigma’s vision, their deep understanding of blockchain technology and the power of Catalyst, this collaboration is expected to spark innovation and additional research into the intricacies of trading behavior. In so doing, we hope that our efforts can close the gap between data demand and supply, and empower effective and efficient use of data.”
Enigma and KyberNetwork aim to revolutionize how data is used and to realize the full potential of the blockchain economy. The number of unique crypto-assets circulating in the market will expand as the sector continues to mature. Enigma and KyberNetwork’s continued evolution and collaboration will ensure state of the art infrastructure for the transaction of crypto-assets in the future.
Follow Enigma and Catalyst’s progress and updates at https://blog.enigma.co/@Enigma
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018
- Ripple Unveils Ripple for Good, Plans $100 Million Philanthropy Fund - September 27, 2018
- Electroneum Roars into Top 50 cryptocurrencies - September 27, 2018
- Zcoin Implements Dandelion – Better Privacy on the Blockchain - September 26, 2018
- Leading Global Wealth Management Firm, The Geneva Management Group (GMG) Announces Launch Of New Cryptocurrency Advice Desk - September 25, 2018
- BlockSafe Technologies Rolling out SEC Compliant Security Token Offering - September 25, 2018
- Global Banks Testing Blockchain to Speed up Transactions – 75 join Interbank Information Network (IIN) - September 25, 2018
- ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for BWF Victor Korea Open - September 25, 2018
- China’s Crypto Mining Behemoth Backs Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 season - September 20, 2018
- Humanitarian Blockchain Project Humaniq Doubles Number of Nations Where it Brings Better Options for Unbanked - September 20, 2018
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018