The collaboration focuses initially on initiatives around Enigma’s landmark product, Catalyst, a machine-based investing platform and trading infrastructure for digital assets. Catalyst will be used to support reserve operators on KyberNetwork, while KyberNetwork will integrate with Catalyst as a data provider and as an exchange service.
In the longer term, both companies will work towards their shared perspective for the decentralization of crypto-asset exchange and the expansion of blockchains through potential initiatives in different industries and verticals.
Enigma co-founder and CEO Guy Zyskind said:
“Enigma has an ambitious goal to build a protocol that can support mass adoption of decentralized applications. As a first step, this partnership will help build momentum and acceptance of the Enigma protocol, working toward our goal of democratizing data. All of us at Enigma have tremendous respect for the KyberNetwork team and their view for the future of decentralization. Our companies are excited to work towards future strategic initiatives and believe this sets a strong precedent for our other partnerships in the space.”
While the original concept of the internet is that of decentralized information and freedom, the past decade has seen the increased centralization of data owned by a few large companies.
Data is quickly becoming the most valuable digital asset. The primary aim of the Enigma protocol is to return to the original vision of the internet and create a single, open-sourced protocol for permanently storing, sharing and processing of data.
Enigma is building a decentralized, scalable blockchain data marketplace for the web by building a necessary second-layer, off-chain network. Through this unique infrastructure, Enigma aspires to fix the biggest flaws of blockchain — scalability and privacy.
Loi Luu, KyberNetwork co-founder and CEO, said:
“Our partnership with Enigma solidifies our aspiration to be the leader in the crypto-asset exchange sector. With Enigma’s vision, their deep understanding of blockchain technology and the power of Catalyst, this collaboration is expected to spark innovation and additional research into the intricacies of trading behavior. In so doing, we hope that our efforts can close the gap between data demand and supply, and empower effective and efficient use of data.”
Enigma and KyberNetwork aim to revolutionize how data is used and to realize the full potential of the blockchain economy. The number of unique crypto-assets circulating in the market will expand as the sector continues to mature. Enigma and KyberNetwork’s continued evolution and collaboration will ensure state of the art infrastructure for the transaction of crypto-assets in the future.
Follow Enigma and Catalyst’s progress and updates at https://blog.enigma.co/@Enigma
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019