The collaboration focuses initially on initiatives around Enigma’s landmark product, Catalyst, a machine-based investing platform and trading infrastructure for digital assets. Catalyst will be used to support reserve operators on KyberNetwork, while KyberNetwork will integrate with Catalyst as a data provider and as an exchange service.
In the longer term, both companies will work towards their shared perspective for the decentralization of crypto-asset exchange and the expansion of blockchains through potential initiatives in different industries and verticals.
Enigma co-founder and CEO Guy Zyskind said:
“Enigma has an ambitious goal to build a protocol that can support mass adoption of decentralized applications. As a first step, this partnership will help build momentum and acceptance of the Enigma protocol, working toward our goal of democratizing data. All of us at Enigma have tremendous respect for the KyberNetwork team and their view for the future of decentralization. Our companies are excited to work towards future strategic initiatives and believe this sets a strong precedent for our other partnerships in the space.”
While the original concept of the internet is that of decentralized information and freedom, the past decade has seen the increased centralization of data owned by a few large companies.
Data is quickly becoming the most valuable digital asset. The primary aim of the Enigma protocol is to return to the original vision of the internet and create a single, open-sourced protocol for permanently storing, sharing and processing of data.
Enigma is building a decentralized, scalable blockchain data marketplace for the web by building a necessary second-layer, off-chain network. Through this unique infrastructure, Enigma aspires to fix the biggest flaws of blockchain — scalability and privacy.
Loi Luu, KyberNetwork co-founder and CEO, said:
“Our partnership with Enigma solidifies our aspiration to be the leader in the crypto-asset exchange sector. With Enigma’s vision, their deep understanding of blockchain technology and the power of Catalyst, this collaboration is expected to spark innovation and additional research into the intricacies of trading behavior. In so doing, we hope that our efforts can close the gap between data demand and supply, and empower effective and efficient use of data.”
Enigma and KyberNetwork aim to revolutionize how data is used and to realize the full potential of the blockchain economy. The number of unique crypto-assets circulating in the market will expand as the sector continues to mature. Enigma and KyberNetwork’s continued evolution and collaboration will ensure state of the art infrastructure for the transaction of crypto-assets in the future.
Follow Enigma and Catalyst’s progress and updates at https://blog.enigma.co/@Enigma
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019