Worldwide Asset eXchange (WAX) and KyberNetwork have announced a partnership that will enable millions of online gamers to pay for virtual items using Ether and ERC20 tokens on the WAX platform and on the website OPSkins.com, which is the largest in the marketplace in the world for the $50 billion per year ‘gaming skins’ industry that serves over 400 million gamers each year.
WAX looks to be a new decentralized platform that enables anyone to operate a fully functioning virtual marketplace with zero investment in security, infrastructure, or payment processing. It is the creation of OPSkins.com, the #1 marketplace in the world for trading these video game assets with millions of users and over 200,000 new user registrations each month. The company says it has recorded more than 150 million transactions over the past 18 months.
To accommodate this demand, WAX has explained that it will be developing a completely new Blockchain platform and protocol specifically designed to handle cross-border micro-payments and a high volume of transactions with the safety and security that a Blockchain platform can provide. OPSkins will be moving their millions of users that conduct over 2 million transactions per week onto the WAX platform.
KyberNetwork has announced that they will be integrating directly with both OPSkins and the WAX platform to facilitate payments on both platforms. With KyberNetwork’s integration, buyers on OPSkins will be able to purchase virtual game items using ERC-20 tokens seamlessly and securely. Already accepting a large amount of Bitcoin payments and among the top 5 largest bitcoin merchants in the world, OPSkins will soon open up an option to allow buyers to pay in ETH and ERC20 tokens.
Similarly, with KyberNetwork’s technology incorporated on the platform, ERC20 token holders will be empowered to purchase virtual items in the marketplace, even if that means the sellers on WAX only accept payments in WAX tokens, the native token of the WAX platform.
KyberNetwork CEO and co-founder Loi Luu said:
“the partnership will benefit both parties as KyberNetwork will have access to millions of users in both OPSkins and WAX platform. On the other hand, KyberNetwork can enhance the magnitude of the growth in the gaming asset market by allowing more crypto users to conveniently purchase their favourite game items using their crypto tokens.”
The WAX platform also has the potential to encourage widespread adoption of cryptocurrency. Today there are just 4 to 5 million active cryptocurrency consumers across the entire globe. Compared with the 400+ million people who buy and sell skins – a technology savvy group of global consumers who are already well versed in trading, storing and safeguarding virtual items – WAX has a legitimate potential to bring a consumer force to cryptocurrency trading that is 100 times greater than the active cryptocurrency user base.
“The existing customer base that WAX will bring to the world of cryptocurrency is enormous,” said Malcolm CasSelle, President of WAX and CIO of OPSkins. “Having KyberNetwork as partner will enable our massive user base to easily have access to not only for WAX but also to all of the other great decentralized projects that are being developed.”
WAX recently stated that the company has raised 70,000 ETH ($21 million) in a private pre-sale featuring all-star lineup of investors from around the world including Pantera Capital, HyperChain Capital, Kenetic Capital, Bo Shen – founding partner of Fenbushi Capital and Blockassets, and others. These backers will be joining an advisory team that includes Anthony Di Iorio, co-founder of Ethereum, Dave Anthony, creator and developer behind Call of Duty, and Brian Fargo, founder of Interplay Entertainment and inXile Entertainment and Ken Cron, former CEO of Vivendi, operator of World of Warcraft.
They are currently running a gamer only main sale and a pre sale. To learn more visit: https://www.waxtoken.com/
- Report: The State of Stablecoins 2019 Hype vs. Reality in the Race for Stable, Global, Digital Money - February 21, 2019
- Securitize and OTCXN Team Up to Deliver Non-Custodial End-to-End Digital Security Offering Service - February 20, 2019
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019