After successfully closing a fundraising round through a regulated Initial Coin Offering, Internxt is starting to work on helping shape a new internet with the creation of distributed internet services that are attractive for the mass-market.
Internxt is starting with decentralized cloud file storage as their first distributed internet solution, “X Files”. It will allow anyone (both individuals and businesses) to host files in a significantly more secure, private, reliable and independent cloud.
A cloud that brings together the highest levels of security with all the benefits of the cloud.
“We believe people have the right for higher levels of privacy and security on a cloud that finally makes sense” – adds Fran Villalba Segarra, Internxt’s Founder and CEO. Fran Villalba Segarra (born 1997) is a young entrepreneur, nominated for Forbes 30 Under 30 2018.
X Files will mainly be based on IPFS. They are taking different decentralized technologies and improving them to make sure they are nicely shaped to fit Internxt’s X Files needs. However, Internxt is mainly focusing on providing a seamless user experience, unlike companies such as Storj, Substratum or Sia are.
Internxt’s X Files Alpha version will go live on January 2018, and the stable version in May 2018. Hosts hosting files on Internxt’s X Files P2P network will get paid with Internxts coin “INXT”, currently traded on exchanges such as CoinExchange.
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019