The first-ever Ethereum-funded movie The Pitts Circus has already won three awards at different film festivals, two of them in Hollywood. Moreover eMovie Venture’s pilot project is nominated for four more KaPow Hollywood awards and will make its world premiere mid-November in the theatre of legendary Hollywood founding father Carl Laemmle.
What started as a geeky/nerdy marriage between circus freaks, crypto geeks and a Swiss producer has now ended up in Hollywood. Producer Tony Caradonna (CH) and director Ken Fanning (NIR/UK) had no idea that they would wind up making history when they first conceived of The Pitts Circus, the first Ethereum-funded movie which is based on a real Australian circus family. But with their decision to set up the Ethereum-based eMovie Venture project to use an Initial Coin Offering (ICO) in order to fund the initial project, they have laid the foundation for what could be a lasting bond between the blockchain and movie making.
This innovative approach turned out to be a big success. The movie has since received three awards and is nominated for several more Hollywood awards: Best Experimental Film at the Amsterdam Around International Film Festival in September, as well as Best Producer and Best Director at Los Angeles Independent Film Festival last month. Furthermore eMovie Venture’s Pitts Circus movie recently also got nominated for several more awards. Four of the nominations were received at the KaPow Intergalactic film festival, which takes place mid-November in Hollywood:
- Best Feature, KaPow Intergalactic Filmfestival, Hollywood/USA
- Best Mockumentary, KaPow Intergalactic Filmfestival, Hollywood/USA
- Best Foreign Film, KaPow Intergalactic Filmfestival, Hollywood/USA
- Best Musical Comedy, KaPow Intergalactic Filmfestival, Hollywood/USA
The award-winning movie project which was also nominated for a digital sustainability award on the Swiss DINAcon in Bern, has now announced the date of its official world premiere:
It will take place on November 14 at the legendary Laemmle’s theater. A place with an awesome history. The cinema was established by the nephews of famous Universal Studios founder and leading figure in Hollywood’s golden age, Carl Laemmle.
The surprising success of The Pitts Circus has already paved the way for eMovie Venture’s next projects in 2018. We look forward to a bright future for this innovative film project and upcoming eMovie Venture based productions.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019