Decentralized ad exchange AdEx that has developed a Blockchain-based ad network on smart contracts, has announced it entered an exclusive collaboration with the world’s biggest travel media company Ink.
AdEx is a decentralized ad exchange that offers Blockchain-powered approach to digital advertising and smart contracts operating on its own Ethereum-compatible network.
Ink, on the other hand, is one of the world’s leading companies in travel media. It offers various media services to millions of passengers every year, including mobile experience, magazines, and associated media.
The first joint project by the companies will be an auction selling ad spaces in Ink products via Blockchain.
“This is the very first time such an auction takes place, and is therefore a huge step forwards in the reshaping of the online advertising landscape,” the company’s announcement reads.
The auction will be hosted on Ethereum network via AdEx mainnet exchange launched earlier this month.
The first auction will seek to sell 2 million ad spaces on boarding passes of a major airline. This is the first instance when such an auction is held with Blockchain technology. The AdEx team will handle the auction, while Ink and the airline will have the final saying as to who has won.
“This is a giant step for us as it bridges travel media, advertising and Blockchain to offer advertisers even more opportunities for reaching their desired target audiences,” says Ivo Georgiev, CEO of AdEx Network.
Simon Leslie, CEO of Ink, added:
“We are pleased to be working with AdEx to deliver advertisers such a targeted medium, and to be involved in this media first.”
According to Mr. Georgiev, companies like eToro and Propy have already expressed their willingness to participate in the auction.
Results and details of the auction will be published next week.
- Securitize and OTCXN Team Up to Deliver Non-Custodial End-to-End Digital Security Offering Service - February 20, 2019
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019