Decentralized ad exchange AdEx that has developed a Blockchain-based ad network on smart contracts, has announced it entered an exclusive collaboration with the world’s biggest travel media company Ink.
AdEx is a decentralized ad exchange that offers Blockchain-powered approach to digital advertising and smart contracts operating on its own Ethereum-compatible network.
Ink, on the other hand, is one of the world’s leading companies in travel media. It offers various media services to millions of passengers every year, including mobile experience, magazines, and associated media.
The first joint project by the companies will be an auction selling ad spaces in Ink products via Blockchain.
“This is the very first time such an auction takes place, and is therefore a huge step forwards in the reshaping of the online advertising landscape,” the company’s announcement reads.
The auction will be hosted on Ethereum network via AdEx mainnet exchange launched earlier this month.
The first auction will seek to sell 2 million ad spaces on boarding passes of a major airline. This is the first instance when such an auction is held with Blockchain technology. The AdEx team will handle the auction, while Ink and the airline will have the final saying as to who has won.
“This is a giant step for us as it bridges travel media, advertising and Blockchain to offer advertisers even more opportunities for reaching their desired target audiences,” says Ivo Georgiev, CEO of AdEx Network.
Simon Leslie, CEO of Ink, added:
“We are pleased to be working with AdEx to deliver advertisers such a targeted medium, and to be involved in this media first.”
According to Mr. Georgiev, companies like eToro and Propy have already expressed their willingness to participate in the auction.
Results and details of the auction will be published next week.
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018
- Enjin Smart Wallet Update Will Allow Users To Melt & Send ERC-1155 Tokens - October 26, 2018
- Crypto-Friendly Gallery HOFA Launches in Los Angeles With Qvantum Exhibition - October 26, 2018
- Blockchain Company WePower Announces Plans to Tokenize Estonian Power Grid - October 25, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures, Buys into Crypto Social Network, Minds - October 24, 2018
- Xfinite to release new Blockchain content platform - October 24, 2018
- Omnitude set to transform enterprise business with the move of its ECOM token to Stellar and the introduction of micropayments to users - October 24, 2018
- Nem, Proximax, And Pundi X Join Growing List Of Sportsfix Sponsor Partners - October 23, 2018
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018