Decentralized ad exchange AdEx that has developed a Blockchain-based ad network on smart contracts, has announced it entered an exclusive collaboration with the world’s biggest travel media company Ink.
AdEx is a decentralized ad exchange that offers Blockchain-powered approach to digital advertising and smart contracts operating on its own Ethereum-compatible network.
Ink, on the other hand, is one of the world’s leading companies in travel media. It offers various media services to millions of passengers every year, including mobile experience, magazines, and associated media.
The first joint project by the companies will be an auction selling ad spaces in Ink products via Blockchain.
“This is the very first time such an auction takes place, and is therefore a huge step forwards in the reshaping of the online advertising landscape,” the company’s announcement reads.
The auction will be hosted on Ethereum network via AdEx mainnet exchange launched earlier this month.
The first auction will seek to sell 2 million ad spaces on boarding passes of a major airline. This is the first instance when such an auction is held with Blockchain technology. The AdEx team will handle the auction, while Ink and the airline will have the final saying as to who has won.
“This is a giant step for us as it bridges travel media, advertising and Blockchain to offer advertisers even more opportunities for reaching their desired target audiences,” says Ivo Georgiev, CEO of AdEx Network.
Simon Leslie, CEO of Ink, added:
“We are pleased to be working with AdEx to deliver advertisers such a targeted medium, and to be involved in this media first.”
According to Mr. Georgiev, companies like eToro and Propy have already expressed their willingness to participate in the auction.
Results and details of the auction will be published next week.
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018
- Tokenomy Announces the Full Launch of Tokenomy Exchange - September 17, 2018
- Pandora Boxchain Creates Reputation Token for the Ethereum network - September 13, 2018
- DNAtix Sets a New Record: Compresses DNA Sequences to 99 per cent of Original Size - September 12, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Femergy Launches Global Entrepreneurship Platform To Tackle Tech Gender Gap - September 12, 2018
- First Crypto Marathon held in Lithuania – Runners win Tokens - September 11, 2018
- EU Holds Off on Crypto Regulation - September 11, 2018
- European Parliamentarians Propose EU-Wide ICO Regulatory Framework - September 6, 2018
- Former Prime Minister of Estonia Becomes New Chairman of Blockchain Startup Lympo - September 6, 2018
- Warhol Goes Crypto – Multi Million Dollar Group Sale to 100 Participants Using Blockchain-Fueled Maecenas Platform - September 5, 2018
- Credits and Lenovo to join forces on the Internet of Things - September 5, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Wala Wins 2018 Zambezi Prize for Innovation in Financial Inclusion - September 5, 2018
- Stellar Lumen Joins Lykke Exchange - September 3, 2018
- Arteïa, The Ultimate Decentralized Cataloging Solution To Manage The Value Of Art Collections - August 30, 2018
- Neon Exchange (NEX) – First Regulated Exchange Security Token in Europe – Announces ICO - August 30, 2018
- Evident Proof Passes Smart Contract Audit with a 100 Percent Score - August 29, 2018
- Blockchain Platform Orbs Marks Strategic Expansion Into South Korea - August 29, 2018
- Lisk Rolls Out Lisk Core 1.0 to Mainnet - August 29, 2018