Decentralized ad exchange AdEx that has developed a Blockchain-based ad network on smart contracts, has announced it entered an exclusive collaboration with the world’s biggest travel media company Ink.
AdEx is a decentralized ad exchange that offers Blockchain-powered approach to digital advertising and smart contracts operating on its own Ethereum-compatible network.
Ink, on the other hand, is one of the world’s leading companies in travel media. It offers various media services to millions of passengers every year, including mobile experience, magazines, and associated media.
The first joint project by the companies will be an auction selling ad spaces in Ink products via Blockchain.
“This is the very first time such an auction takes place, and is therefore a huge step forwards in the reshaping of the online advertising landscape,” the company’s announcement reads.
The auction will be hosted on Ethereum network via AdEx mainnet exchange launched earlier this month.
The first auction will seek to sell 2 million ad spaces on boarding passes of a major airline. This is the first instance when such an auction is held with Blockchain technology. The AdEx team will handle the auction, while Ink and the airline will have the final saying as to who has won.
“This is a giant step for us as it bridges travel media, advertising and Blockchain to offer advertisers even more opportunities for reaching their desired target audiences,” says Ivo Georgiev, CEO of AdEx Network.
Simon Leslie, CEO of Ink, added:
“We are pleased to be working with AdEx to deliver advertisers such a targeted medium, and to be involved in this media first.”
According to Mr. Georgiev, companies like eToro and Propy have already expressed their willingness to participate in the auction.
Results and details of the auction will be published next week.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019