Decentralized ad exchange AdEx that has developed a Blockchain-based ad network on smart contracts, has announced it entered an exclusive collaboration with the world’s biggest travel media company Ink.
AdEx is a decentralized ad exchange that offers Blockchain-powered approach to digital advertising and smart contracts operating on its own Ethereum-compatible network.
Ink, on the other hand, is one of the world’s leading companies in travel media. It offers various media services to millions of passengers every year, including mobile experience, magazines, and associated media.
The first joint project by the companies will be an auction selling ad spaces in Ink products via Blockchain.
“This is the very first time such an auction takes place, and is therefore a huge step forwards in the reshaping of the online advertising landscape,” the company’s announcement reads.
The auction will be hosted on Ethereum network via AdEx mainnet exchange launched earlier this month.
The first auction will seek to sell 2 million ad spaces on boarding passes of a major airline. This is the first instance when such an auction is held with Blockchain technology. The AdEx team will handle the auction, while Ink and the airline will have the final saying as to who has won.
“This is a giant step for us as it bridges travel media, advertising and Blockchain to offer advertisers even more opportunities for reaching their desired target audiences,” says Ivo Georgiev, CEO of AdEx Network.
Simon Leslie, CEO of Ink, added:
“We are pleased to be working with AdEx to deliver advertisers such a targeted medium, and to be involved in this media first.”
According to Mr. Georgiev, companies like eToro and Propy have already expressed their willingness to participate in the auction.
Results and details of the auction will be published next week.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019