Gladius.io, a Blockchain-based startup, has devised a way to use surplus consumer bandwidth to end DDoS attacks, and provide high quality CDN services for individuals and businesses alike. The ingenious idea has attracted a huge crowd, and the private investor presale for the Gladius ICO is underway and has attracted interest from serious investors. The public presale, which is open for early investors, will kick off starting November 24 at 2:00 PM UTC.
Internet users who are able to monetize their unused bandwidth, to companies seeking protection from ever-looming DDoS attacks, the platform represents a true ‘win-win’ situation.
The danger of hacking has grown exponentially in the past year. Consider, for example the frightening circumstances surrounding the now infamous Equifax hack, where, ironically, the password for the database storing personal data files was simply ‘admin’. Government agencies have also been affected, with even the SEC admitting to a substantial database hack in 2016, with details only now emerging.
And DDoS attacks are some of the most prevalent. Consider that estimates show that there were 300,000+ DDoS attacks in 2016 alone, with every attack costing approximately $500,000 – the conclusion being that that over $150 billion was lost.
Protection from these attacks is extremely costly, with users often paying huge sums of money to access large amounts of bandwidth in order to mitigate DDoS risk. Further, companies find themselves under financial pressure to increase website load speeds and are turning to costly CDN solutions in order to do so.
Gladius uses the power of the Blockchain and distributed model to bring all these needs within a single solution. Through the desktop client, Gladius allows users to make extra money by renting out unused bandwidth in order to create large pools that can handle the substantial influx of requests and web traffic that mark a DDoS. Since many users watch the servers and systems, DDoS-type activity can be identified and neutralized quickly.
The entire platform is an ingenious application of the Blockchain’s decentralized capabilities, and has garnered huge interest. By solving real-world problems using Blockchain technology, Gladius is headed in the right path. The best bonuses within the Public ICO on January 14th are in the first 24 hours, and the Public Presale will be held at November 24th.
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018
- Tokenomy Announces the Full Launch of Tokenomy Exchange - September 17, 2018
- Pandora Boxchain Creates Reputation Token for the Ethereum network - September 13, 2018
- DNAtix Sets a New Record: Compresses DNA Sequences to 99 per cent of Original Size - September 12, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Femergy Launches Global Entrepreneurship Platform To Tackle Tech Gender Gap - September 12, 2018
- First Crypto Marathon held in Lithuania – Runners win Tokens - September 11, 2018
- EU Holds Off on Crypto Regulation - September 11, 2018
- European Parliamentarians Propose EU-Wide ICO Regulatory Framework - September 6, 2018
- Former Prime Minister of Estonia Becomes New Chairman of Blockchain Startup Lympo - September 6, 2018
- Warhol Goes Crypto – Multi Million Dollar Group Sale to 100 Participants Using Blockchain-Fueled Maecenas Platform - September 5, 2018
- Credits and Lenovo to join forces on the Internet of Things - September 5, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Wala Wins 2018 Zambezi Prize for Innovation in Financial Inclusion - September 5, 2018
- Stellar Lumen Joins Lykke Exchange - September 3, 2018
- Arteïa, The Ultimate Decentralized Cataloging Solution To Manage The Value Of Art Collections - August 30, 2018
- Neon Exchange (NEX) – First Regulated Exchange Security Token in Europe – Announces ICO - August 30, 2018
- Evident Proof Passes Smart Contract Audit with a 100 Percent Score - August 29, 2018
- Blockchain Platform Orbs Marks Strategic Expansion Into South Korea - August 29, 2018
- Lisk Rolls Out Lisk Core 1.0 to Mainnet - August 29, 2018