Gladius.io, a Blockchain-based startup, has devised a way to use surplus consumer bandwidth to end DDoS attacks, and provide high quality CDN services for individuals and businesses alike. The ingenious idea has attracted a huge crowd, and the private investor presale for the Gladius ICO is underway and has attracted interest from serious investors. The public presale, which is open for early investors, will kick off starting November 24 at 2:00 PM UTC.
Internet users who are able to monetize their unused bandwidth, to companies seeking protection from ever-looming DDoS attacks, the platform represents a true ‘win-win’ situation.
The danger of hacking has grown exponentially in the past year. Consider, for example the frightening circumstances surrounding the now infamous Equifax hack, where, ironically, the password for the database storing personal data files was simply ‘admin’. Government agencies have also been affected, with even the SEC admitting to a substantial database hack in 2016, with details only now emerging.
And DDoS attacks are some of the most prevalent. Consider that estimates show that there were 300,000+ DDoS attacks in 2016 alone, with every attack costing approximately $500,000 – the conclusion being that that over $150 billion was lost.
Protection from these attacks is extremely costly, with users often paying huge sums of money to access large amounts of bandwidth in order to mitigate DDoS risk. Further, companies find themselves under financial pressure to increase website load speeds and are turning to costly CDN solutions in order to do so.
Gladius uses the power of the Blockchain and distributed model to bring all these needs within a single solution. Through the desktop client, Gladius allows users to make extra money by renting out unused bandwidth in order to create large pools that can handle the substantial influx of requests and web traffic that mark a DDoS. Since many users watch the servers and systems, DDoS-type activity can be identified and neutralized quickly.
The entire platform is an ingenious application of the Blockchain’s decentralized capabilities, and has garnered huge interest. By solving real-world problems using Blockchain technology, Gladius is headed in the right path. The best bonuses within the Public ICO on January 14th are in the first 24 hours, and the Public Presale will be held at November 24th.
- Securitize and OTCXN Team Up to Deliver Non-Custodial End-to-End Digital Security Offering Service - February 20, 2019
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019