Gladius.io, a Blockchain-based startup, has devised a way to use surplus consumer bandwidth to end DDoS attacks, and provide high quality CDN services for individuals and businesses alike. The ingenious idea has attracted a huge crowd, and the private investor presale for the Gladius ICO is underway and has attracted interest from serious investors. The public presale, which is open for early investors, will kick off starting November 24 at 2:00 PM UTC.
Internet users who are able to monetize their unused bandwidth, to companies seeking protection from ever-looming DDoS attacks, the platform represents a true ‘win-win’ situation.
The danger of hacking has grown exponentially in the past year. Consider, for example the frightening circumstances surrounding the now infamous Equifax hack, where, ironically, the password for the database storing personal data files was simply ‘admin’. Government agencies have also been affected, with even the SEC admitting to a substantial database hack in 2016, with details only now emerging.
And DDoS attacks are some of the most prevalent. Consider that estimates show that there were 300,000+ DDoS attacks in 2016 alone, with every attack costing approximately $500,000 – the conclusion being that that over $150 billion was lost.
Protection from these attacks is extremely costly, with users often paying huge sums of money to access large amounts of bandwidth in order to mitigate DDoS risk. Further, companies find themselves under financial pressure to increase website load speeds and are turning to costly CDN solutions in order to do so.
Gladius uses the power of the Blockchain and distributed model to bring all these needs within a single solution. Through the desktop client, Gladius allows users to make extra money by renting out unused bandwidth in order to create large pools that can handle the substantial influx of requests and web traffic that mark a DDoS. Since many users watch the servers and systems, DDoS-type activity can be identified and neutralized quickly.
The entire platform is an ingenious application of the Blockchain’s decentralized capabilities, and has garnered huge interest. By solving real-world problems using Blockchain technology, Gladius is headed in the right path. The best bonuses within the Public ICO on January 14th are in the first 24 hours, and the Public Presale will be held at November 24th.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019