Global Debt Registry (GDR), the asset certainty company, has announced it has developed a collateral pledge registry, the first of its kind in the structured credit space, using Hyperledger Fabric, one of the Hyperledger Blockchain framework implementations hosted by The Linux Foundation. As the second phase in its Blockchain development following the announcement of the Company’s first Blockchain POC earlier this year, this Blockchain proof of concept supports the end-to-end assignment and release of pledge positions, reaffirming GDR’s role as an innovative leader in the structured credit space and its continued commitment to enabling the highest levels of trust in these markets.
“We are dedicated to driving confidence for investors and senior lenders in these lending markets and, with this proof of concept — the inaugural Blockchain application of its kind — we are using the latest technology to ensure collateral is better protected,” said Charlie Moore, President, GDR. “With a Blockchain-supported decentralized ledger, the lending ecosystem will be able to rely on a permissioned single, shared view of the truth. This level of asset certainty in turn helps to fuel capital investment and industry growth.”
Hyperledger Fabric, an open source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry Blockchain technologies, enabled GDR to write a complete application using a Blockchain with integration into an existing front end interface. This interface was successfully maintained through implementation of Hyperledger Fabric and Hyperledger Composer.
Named an Innovation Spotlight presenter, GDR presented the Blockchain POC demo at the Wall Street Blockchain Alliance’s Blockchain for Wall Street event this week. The educational event focused on technology, applications, best practices, and the future of Blockchain in the capital markets. GDR’s Chief Product & Operation Officer, Todd Veale, demonstrated to approximately 300 attendees from investment banks, law firms and service providers.
“Collaborating with other influential and seasoned technologists in the Blockchain community is exciting for us because, together, we are building the future risk management infrastructure for the capital markets,” said Robert Brown, Chief Technology Officer, GDR. “At this week’s event, we had the opportunity to unveil our Blockchain-based proof of concept and to engage with pioneers from across the capital markets. Blockchain is playing an exciting role in delivering decentralized infrastructure to support improved trust and efficiency in the markets.”
Earlier this month, GDR was also named a finalist in the General Compliance category in this year’s RegTech Markets’ Spotlight awards. A team of 30 expert judges from a landscape of 600 companies voted to select GDR as a finalist, casting the company as a standout among leaders in the emerging RegTech arena.
GDR is a Private Equity backed FinTech company that provides asset certainty solutions for institutional investors and warehouse lenders in the credit markets. GDR’s tools help both investors and warehouse lenders better manage risks associated with lending facilities and enables lenders to attract more permanent capital. The Company is led by a team of senior executives from Thomson Reuters, Credit Suisse, Bank of America and Barclays. Further information can be found at www.globaldebtregistry.com.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019