Global Debt Registry (GDR), the asset certainty company, has announced it has developed a collateral pledge registry, the first of its kind in the structured credit space, using Hyperledger Fabric, one of the Hyperledger Blockchain framework implementations hosted by The Linux Foundation. As the second phase in its Blockchain development following the announcement of the Company’s first Blockchain POC earlier this year, this Blockchain proof of concept supports the end-to-end assignment and release of pledge positions, reaffirming GDR’s role as an innovative leader in the structured credit space and its continued commitment to enabling the highest levels of trust in these markets.
“We are dedicated to driving confidence for investors and senior lenders in these lending markets and, with this proof of concept — the inaugural Blockchain application of its kind — we are using the latest technology to ensure collateral is better protected,” said Charlie Moore, President, GDR. “With a Blockchain-supported decentralized ledger, the lending ecosystem will be able to rely on a permissioned single, shared view of the truth. This level of asset certainty in turn helps to fuel capital investment and industry growth.”
Hyperledger Fabric, an open source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry Blockchain technologies, enabled GDR to write a complete application using a Blockchain with integration into an existing front end interface. This interface was successfully maintained through implementation of Hyperledger Fabric and Hyperledger Composer.
Named an Innovation Spotlight presenter, GDR presented the Blockchain POC demo at the Wall Street Blockchain Alliance’s Blockchain for Wall Street event this week. The educational event focused on technology, applications, best practices, and the future of Blockchain in the capital markets. GDR’s Chief Product & Operation Officer, Todd Veale, demonstrated to approximately 300 attendees from investment banks, law firms and service providers.
“Collaborating with other influential and seasoned technologists in the Blockchain community is exciting for us because, together, we are building the future risk management infrastructure for the capital markets,” said Robert Brown, Chief Technology Officer, GDR. “At this week’s event, we had the opportunity to unveil our Blockchain-based proof of concept and to engage with pioneers from across the capital markets. Blockchain is playing an exciting role in delivering decentralized infrastructure to support improved trust and efficiency in the markets.”
Earlier this month, GDR was also named a finalist in the General Compliance category in this year’s RegTech Markets’ Spotlight awards. A team of 30 expert judges from a landscape of 600 companies voted to select GDR as a finalist, casting the company as a standout among leaders in the emerging RegTech arena.
GDR is a Private Equity backed FinTech company that provides asset certainty solutions for institutional investors and warehouse lenders in the credit markets. GDR’s tools help both investors and warehouse lenders better manage risks associated with lending facilities and enables lenders to attract more permanent capital. The Company is led by a team of senior executives from Thomson Reuters, Credit Suisse, Bank of America and Barclays. Further information can be found at www.globaldebtregistry.com.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019