Global Debt Registry (GDR), the asset certainty company, has announced it has developed a collateral pledge registry, the first of its kind in the structured credit space, using Hyperledger Fabric, one of the Hyperledger Blockchain framework implementations hosted by The Linux Foundation. As the second phase in its Blockchain development following the announcement of the Company’s first Blockchain POC earlier this year, this Blockchain proof of concept supports the end-to-end assignment and release of pledge positions, reaffirming GDR’s role as an innovative leader in the structured credit space and its continued commitment to enabling the highest levels of trust in these markets.
“We are dedicated to driving confidence for investors and senior lenders in these lending markets and, with this proof of concept — the inaugural Blockchain application of its kind — we are using the latest technology to ensure collateral is better protected,” said Charlie Moore, President, GDR. “With a Blockchain-supported decentralized ledger, the lending ecosystem will be able to rely on a permissioned single, shared view of the truth. This level of asset certainty in turn helps to fuel capital investment and industry growth.”
Hyperledger Fabric, an open source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry Blockchain technologies, enabled GDR to write a complete application using a Blockchain with integration into an existing front end interface. This interface was successfully maintained through implementation of Hyperledger Fabric and Hyperledger Composer.
Named an Innovation Spotlight presenter, GDR presented the Blockchain POC demo at the Wall Street Blockchain Alliance’s Blockchain for Wall Street event this week. The educational event focused on technology, applications, best practices, and the future of Blockchain in the capital markets. GDR’s Chief Product & Operation Officer, Todd Veale, demonstrated to approximately 300 attendees from investment banks, law firms and service providers.
“Collaborating with other influential and seasoned technologists in the Blockchain community is exciting for us because, together, we are building the future risk management infrastructure for the capital markets,” said Robert Brown, Chief Technology Officer, GDR. “At this week’s event, we had the opportunity to unveil our Blockchain-based proof of concept and to engage with pioneers from across the capital markets. Blockchain is playing an exciting role in delivering decentralized infrastructure to support improved trust and efficiency in the markets.”
Earlier this month, GDR was also named a finalist in the General Compliance category in this year’s RegTech Markets’ Spotlight awards. A team of 30 expert judges from a landscape of 600 companies voted to select GDR as a finalist, casting the company as a standout among leaders in the emerging RegTech arena.
GDR is a Private Equity backed FinTech company that provides asset certainty solutions for institutional investors and warehouse lenders in the credit markets. GDR’s tools help both investors and warehouse lenders better manage risks associated with lending facilities and enables lenders to attract more permanent capital. The Company is led by a team of senior executives from Thomson Reuters, Credit Suisse, Bank of America and Barclays. Further information can be found at www.globaldebtregistry.com.
- Securitize and OTCXN Team Up to Deliver Non-Custodial End-to-End Digital Security Offering Service - February 20, 2019
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019