Electrify.Asia, a Southeast Asian online marketplace for retail electricity trading, announced today Omise Holdings/OmiseGO founder and CEO Jun Hasegawa has joined their advisory board.
OmiseGO is a Thailand-based business-to-business e-wallet payments provider that closed an initial coin offering (ICO) in July, raising USD 25 million, according to data from Token Report.
According to the companies, Hasegawa will add nearly two decades of professional experience in the technology sector from marketing to web development and will assist in market strategies, token mechanisms, community and produce development, and applying network scalability solutions developed at OmiseGO to energy transaction settlements.
Hasegawa said in a statement, “Electrify has tremendous potential to break new ground in energy markets across the region. OmiseGO’s public chain network scalability solution is fully decentralized, making it the perfect platform for fulfilment of high transaction volumes onto the blockchain, without compromising security and integrity of data.”
Scaling solutions for P2P energy transactions on the blockchain provided by OmiseGO will be critical to the ongoing functionality of Electrify.Asia, as the transaction volume can experience substantial spikes at month end or other times many energy agreements are being reconciled at once, the companies said. The Electrify.Asia platform is designed to accommodate so-called prosumers, who both produce and purchase energy according to their needs and capabilities, in addition to expanding consumer choice and understanding in the energy marketplace.
Electrify co-founders Julius Tan and Martin Lim said in a joint statement, “Hasegawa offers an unparalleled wealth of industry knowledge. Beyond business objectives, there is a greater vision of education and empowerment that we are driving, encouraging inclusion, participation and most importantly, awareness.”
For more information, visit https://electrify.asia.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018