Multiven announced on Tuesday its upcoming initial coin offering (ICO) for the distribution of MultiCoins and development of the Multiven Open Marketplace, enabling trade in pre-owned, decommissioned or new network and computer hardware in a peer-to-peer (P2P) marketplace. The Multiven team intends to use network fees collected by the network to fund development of security research to help improve defense for Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrency nodes. French ICO boutique Chaineum will facilitate the ICO. The presale whitelist opened Feb 21 and the public crowdsale, with a USD 25 million soft cap, follows on March 8.
Multiven CEO Peter Alfred-Adekeye said, in a statement, “Without the Internet, there is no blockchain. Without decentralised Internet-connected computers that relay, validate and record transactions, there is no bitcoin. Without bitcoin, the entire cryptocurrency ecosystem will implode. Multiven is committed to ensuring that the Internet, and the blockchain traffic that traverses it, remain forever decentralised. We are proud to be partnering with the Chaineum Team and leveraging their deep blockchain technology expertise and successful ICO track record”.
Multiven aims to further enhance the security of the Bitcoin ecosystem by launching Low Earth Orbit microsatellites under its ‘Nodes-in-Orbit’ program. The satellites will be based on open source hardware and software and will be pre-configured with delay-tolerant networking architecture and long range internet protocols that will ensure the integrity of the Bitcoin blockchain, even in the event of a catastrophic failure or attack on Earth-based nodes, according to the company’s statement.
To learn more about the Multiven ICO, visit https://www.multiven.com/#/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018