Spanning insitutions at all levels, an initiative to secure and streamline the exchange of Dubai’s digital academic credentials was launched on Monday by Educhain, which puts educational records on the blockchain.
The project will enable students to request and receive credentials secured by a blockchain network to an Academic Passport, the company stated. Documents can then be shared for school transfers, university applications and job applications.
According to Educhain, this will change the way academic institutions issue credentials, placing ownership of academic records into the hands of students and providing them with global mobility, while eliminating credential fraud.
Mark Balovnev, CEO of Educhain, said: “This will be the world’s first large-scale pilot of blockchain in education, and the largest scale public/private sector collaboration across all levels of schooling. Blockchain will revolutionize how we issue, manage, and share digital records.”
Over 400,000 students are involved in the program, with institutions such as the University of Dubai, Zayed University, MENA College of Management, and Academia Management Solutions International, according to a press release.
“This pilot demonstrates that the value of blockchain stretches far beyond financial technology and can drive societal value and happiness in diverse areas such as education,” said Khalfan Belhoul, CEO of the Dubai Future Foundation, in a statement. “It represents one of the first significant steps in real implementation of blockchain and solidifies Dubai’s reputation as the blockchain capital of the world.”
Educhain’s website is www.educhain.io
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018