Lykke, a Swiss FinTech company building a regulated, blockchain-based global marketplace, has added the market-leading Litecoin cryptocurrency to its exchange, along with other digital assets, according to an announcement released today. Lykke began actively expanding its list of assets from the beginning of this month, adding more than 30 new tokens.
Litecoin is one of the top five cryptocurrencies in the world by value, with a market capitalization in excess of USD 2 billion, according to the statement. It is renowned for its faster transaction speeds relative to bitcoin and its ability to handle higher transaction volumes.
“The maturation of the Lykke Exchange continues apace with Litecoin,” said Richard Olsen, Lykke founder and CEO, in a statement. “This important expansion to our offerings brings an investment opportunity to our community on a par with Ethereum and Bitcoin. We’re especially proud of the Litecoin integration. Thanks to the modular software architecture of our platform, which provides an abstract integration layer, bringing Litecoin onto our exchange was a smooth and painless process.”
Its integration scheme enables Lykke to adapt new cryptocurrencies through partial automation, according to its statement. The integration layer handles common tasks across blockchains, including cash flow operations and client wallets, allowing incorporation of new assets on the exchange simply by deploying the appropriate software connectors.
Five additional blockchain integrations are currently in the testing phase with the support and participation of the crowdsourcing community, states Lykke.
For the most up-to-date listing of tradeable tokens and coins, visit https://www.lykke.com/cp/token
- Wanchain CEO Jack Lu: Why 2.0 is a Milestone for the Entire Blockchain Industry - July 23, 2018
- Hit the Road, Jack. Wanchain 2.0 and WanLabs Kick Off European Tour - July 20, 2018
- Peter Gabriel Backs British Blockchain Startup Provenance - July 18, 2018
- Bitfinex CEO Hits Back at Fraud Expert’s Study Linking Tether to Crypto Price Manipulation - June 13, 2018
- Pundi X Moves Into Europe - June 5, 2018
- Dying for Crypto: The Ultimate ICO Publicity Stunt? - May 25, 2018
- Blockchain City Dubai Hosts Showstopping Summit, Unveils Registry to Expedite Business - May 8, 2018
- Crypto Tax: Victory for Tokenized Protest & Calls for Worldwide Reform - April 26, 2018
- Taking the Temperature at London’s Blockchain Expo 2018 - April 24, 2018
- Death Knell for Crypto in Poland? Poles Mobilze to Protest Crippling Tax Law - April 11, 2018
- Taiwan’s NOWnews Announces Plan to Launch Blockchain-Based Media Platform - April 3, 2018
- Study on 100 ICOs Identifies Social Reach, No. Of Advisors and a Raise of $10M as Key Factors for Success - April 2, 2018
- Exchange Group TMX Issues Guidance to Crypto and Blockchain Issuers - March 30, 2018
- DeepMind’s AI Pioneers Launch Fetch.ai – the World’s First Smart Ledger - March 29, 2018
- Kleros Joins Forces with Dether to Launch Decentralized Arbitration for Cryptocurrency Traders - March 26, 2018
- Future Crypto: 7 Clean Sneaks Past China’s ICO Ban - March 26, 2018
- Proxeus & Mount10 Partner to Provide Military-Grade Storage Security - March 22, 2018
- Playboy Pounces on Blockchain, Plans Crypto Wallet - March 14, 2018
- Crypto Leaders Speak out as US Regulatory Uncertainty Around ICOs Continues - March 9, 2018
- EU Proposes Pan-European Licensing Plan for ICOs - March 8, 2018