Polish Venture Capital fund Erne Ventures has shifted its focus from video and mobile games, in favor of a blockchain strategy and, on Sunday, announced investments to launch a crypto-mining company and a cryptocurrency exchange.
Erne Ventures, which has been listed in Warsaw for ten years, announced that it has taken over EBC Solicitors, which will launch the crypto-mining company and that, earlier this month, it had acquired another public company, Revitum, with plans to open a European cryptocurrency exchange.
The fund will focus on ‘reverse ICOs’, those which already have a finished product or service. This is because many digital currency issues are only ideas at an early development stage and lack full information about the creators or have insufficient documentation, preventing a full assessment of investment risk, said the statement.
Another of Erne Ventures’ portfolio companies, Telehorse, is also moving its strategy towards the blockchain. Having launched an international community distribution platform for gaming, Telehorse will finance marketing and distribute computer and mobile games selected by the community, based on blockchain technology. The platform will be developed as part of a special-purpose vehicle, which plans to raise funds through an ICO.
Erne also stated that it is partnering with firms around the world to bring expertise into projects including developing token economics, the legitimacy of using blockchain technology, as well as KYC/AML solutions and digital coin offerings.
Erne Ventures website: www.ERNE.pl
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018