Play2Live, a blockchain-based gaming and e-sports platform, claims to have broadcast, last weekend, the world’s first tournament where winners are rewarded with cryptocurrency. The winning teams went home with USD 100,000 of its /LUC Level Up tokens.
The Play2Live CryptoMasters tournament, held on Feb 24 and 25 at the Falcon Arena in Minsk, Belarus, was won by AGO, a Polish e-sports firm, which bagged the main prize of one million /LUC tokens, beating out Space Soldiers from Turkey and third placed team, BIG from Germany.
The company stated that its P2P CDN streaming technology was used for the tournament, in order to demonstrate the features of the Play2Live MVP 2.0 platform. The event was broadcast in 16 languages, to more than 120,000 unique users, predominantly in Eastern Europe and Russia, but also China, South Korea, USA, Germany and France, according to the company’s statement.
“We have successfully coped with the load of the first cyber tournament,” said Alexey Burdyko, CEO and Founder at Play2Live, in statement, “P2P CDN technology tested during P2L CryptoMasters allowed us to save up to 30 percent of traffic per separate stream. This gives a lot of opportunities in terms of earnings for the platform users,” he said in the press release, adding that the Beta version, with this monetization channel, will be available in June.
Play2Live also stated that, during the P2LCryptoMasters, over 4,000 users registered to its platform, which offers 100 Silver /LUC tokens to the first 10,000 users. All /LUC tokens can be converted into other crypto currencies or fiat money through an exchange gate/API when the Play2Live token sale ends on March 14 at 17:00 UTC.
MVP of the streaming platform: https://p2l.tv/
Bookbuilding platform: https://my.play2live.io
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018