ShoCard, a blockchain-based identity management system already adopted by a number of major global brands, on Wednesday announced plans for an initial coin offering (ICO) for qualified investors, beginning April 16. Its cryptocurrency ShoCoin (SHO) is currently available for presale via a Simple Agreement for Future Tokens (SAFT) contract.
The ShoCard platform will work via a mobile app that associates an individual’s identity with a cryptographic private key stored on their device, allowing users to provide specific verification information without losing control of large amounts of personal data to a third party organization.
ShoCard’s partners include Emirates, SITA, Bank AlJazira, Creditinfo and BubbleTon. Key early investors in the platform are Morado Ventures, the Digital Currency Group, and AME Cloud Ventures, according to the company’s statement. ShoCard has also secured contracts or is in the process of developing agreements with two major global credit card networks, multi-national credit reporting and banking institutions, a major international airline, and a yet undisclosed government immigration agency, the company stated.
Former Yahoo! Executive and Founder and CEO of ShoCard Armin Ebrahimi said, in a statement, “Mobile devices combined with blockchain technology, allow us to carry a verifiable method of identification with us at all times. We’re at a pivotal moment in the evolution of identity technology. Individuals want to have as much control over their identity as possible – dictating what is shared and with whom, without having to trust third parties to keep their data secure. Service providers and enterprises need to be ahead of this demand to offer the highest quality security and service.”
To learn more about ShoCard and its upcoming ICO, visit https://shocard.com/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- Alibabacoin to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018