According to their press release, with their ePOD program, named OpenPort Solutions, the two companies are collaborating on a new wave of innovation and transparency for the logistics space. OpenPort Solutions aims to provide real-time status updates from payment through delivery, facilitating lower costs and increased control and transparency over the shipping system. The companies state they have already conducted shipping payments in Bitcoin and service payments in Ethereum.
OpenPort Founder and CEO Max Ward said, in a statement, “The launch of OpenPort Solutions is a significant milestone for both our business and our cutting edge technology. Our blockchain-enabled electronic Proof of Delivery program has the potential to fundamentally change the logistics landscape, providing better than market liquidity for transporters and irrefutable transparency for shippers. Working alongside XVC Logistics to roll-out this unique program highlights the strong confidence in our offering, and we look forward to building on this momentum with a partner that shares our vision of delivering new levels of transparency and security to the logistics space.”
According to their statement, OpenPort is Asia’s only multinational digital logistics provider, with services in China, Hong Kong, India, and Pakistan, in addition to the Philippines.
Also Philippines-based, XVC Logistics operates domestic distribution and supply chain management services for clients, including several multinational brands.
VP Strategic Solutions at XVC Logistics Pierre Carlo Curay stated, “At XVC, we are value creators. Our core strength is finding solutions to the difficult problems faced by our clients. We believe that blockchain-enabled ePOD and improved market liquidity will greatly improve the supply chain industry, not just in the Philippines but on a global scale.”
To learn more about OpenPort, visit https://openport.com/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018