The Veris Foundation, understood to be the first US-based, non-profit group to launch a cryptocurrency, announced, on Thursday, a market-ready blockchain technology solution that, it says, promises to lower healthcare system operating costs. By issuing its own cryptocurrency and raising money through an initial coin offering (ICO), Veris says it aims to disrupt the healthcare industry, using smart contracts to remove unnecessary steps in the claims process, eliminate redundancy and reduce fraud, saving time and eliminating costs of up to USD 60 billion.
The Veris token, /VRS, will be available for purchase from the Presale, starting Monday, March 19, at 1200EST. According to the press release, the ICO has a total supply of 50 million /VRS units, with a total public allocation of 30 million. The ICO will accept both Ether (/ETH) and NEO (/NEO) cryptocurrencies. Pricing is 1 /NEO = 80 /VRS, or 1 /ETH = /585 VRS. The Presale will offer a 20 percent bonus and will sell out at one million /VRS.
Veris stated that it expected the Presale, which ends March 26, to sell out. A public sale will commence in the first week of April.
Veris said the combination of lowering information sharing costs, while increasing security, efficiency and organizational transparency, provides a strong platform, which can ultimately lower healthcare costs for patients through blockchain technology
In its Whitepaper, the Foundation stated, that the healthcare market in the US is one of the most heavily regulated and fractured in existence, with many processes between providers and insurers redundant. With stakeholders unwilling to assume the risk associated with designating an intermediary to process data related to all stakeholders, there is significant duplication of processes. A blockchain distributed ledger system-powered, central clearinghouse would complete every transaction with certainty and is capable of replacing the thousands of fragmented systems that currently facilitate this process.
Further information can be obtained by visiting: http://www.verisfoundation.com/presale
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018