Private equity blockchain network, Swarm announced on Tuesday that, with the first major update to the Swarm Asset Management Network, the platform is now live and ready to start taking investments. Swarm Fund token (SWM) wallets have now been integrated with the Alpha Platform and SWM token holders can start voting via the Swarm Liquid Democracy Voting Module (LDVM), powered by SecureVote.
The US-based company aims to help token holders invest in private equity, which has traditionally been the preserve of institutional investors. Users can vote on the type of investment opportunities they want to see on the platform, along with other foundation-level decisions, according to a press release.
Decisions are, initially, non-binding, the company stated, and are designed to help Swarm token holders become familiar with how voting and governance works on the platform.
“We’re delighted to go live with this version of the Swarm Asset Management Network, nearly a month ahead of schedule,” said Philipp Pieper, CEO and Co-Founder of Swarm, in a statement. “Items like an integrated wallet and a dedicated governance module are crucial to further molding the Swarm product based on the community’s desires.”
Swarm aims to make traditionally exclusive investment opportunities, such as private equity and hedge funds, inclusive for the Swarm community by pooling together smaller investments into larger, institutional-sized blocks. It also aims to give fund managers access to capital from a new class of investor who wants access to institutional-type investments, but doesn’t have the high minimums many institutional funds require.
Other new features on the Swarm Asset Management Network Alpha include the integration of a ballot discussion module, a new claim process for airdropped /SWM tokens, and a real-time optimized coin price integration based on input from multiple exchanges around the world.
For more information please visit the Swarm Fund website: www.swarm.fund
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018