Decentralized antivirus marketplace PolySwarm today announced the completion of its Nectar token sale, raising USD 25.94 million. Nectar (NCT) is an ERC20-compatible utility token allowing for submissions and classification of threats in the PolySwarm marketplace. Prior investors in the project include Science Blockchain and Blocktower.
With PolySwarm, a global community of anti-malware experts compete to detect emerging threats. Experts are rewarded in PolySwarm’s Nectar token (NCT) for timely and accurate malware detection, similar to converging traditional cryptocurrency mining and bug bounties.
“People are clearly responding to PolySwarm’s capacity to be a next-generation threat assessment apparatus and the corresponding value of the Nectar token to that capacity,” said Steve Bassi, CEO of PolySwarm, in a statement. “Part of PolySwarm’s mission is to bring global security experts and their software together to protect users. A large population of experts that we think are essential to this mission lives in remote areas. PolySwarm is unlocking talent from regions with less access to opportunities and levelling the playing field in the industry: Regardless of location and education history, experts get paid entirely on their ability to detect threats accurately and in a timely manner.”
Over 3,000 participants bought /NCT tokens, which are designed to replace outdated antivirus models like subscription payments and broadening accessibility to threat detection, Polyswarm said in a statement.
Polyswarm added that the cyber threat intelligence industry it intends to disrupt is worth some USD 8.5 billion, with the system providing enterprises and consumers with unprecedented speed and accuracy in threat detection.
The Polyswarm advisory board includes former McAfee CIO Mark Tonnesen alongside a host of cybersecurity experts including Dan Guido, Chris Eagle, Dr. Sergey Bratus, and Carl Hoffman, stated the company.
PolySwarm in February announced an investment from leading cryptocurrency investment firm, BlockTower Capital.
For more information, please visit the company’s website: https://polyswarm.io.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018