Decentralized antivirus marketplace PolySwarm today announced the completion of its Nectar token sale, raising USD 25.94 million. Nectar (NCT) is an ERC20-compatible utility token allowing for submissions and classification of threats in the PolySwarm marketplace. Prior investors in the project include Science Blockchain and Blocktower.
With PolySwarm, a global community of anti-malware experts compete to detect emerging threats. Experts are rewarded in PolySwarm’s Nectar token (NCT) for timely and accurate malware detection, similar to converging traditional cryptocurrency mining and bug bounties.
“People are clearly responding to PolySwarm’s capacity to be a next-generation threat assessment apparatus and the corresponding value of the Nectar token to that capacity,” said Steve Bassi, CEO of PolySwarm, in a statement. “Part of PolySwarm’s mission is to bring global security experts and their software together to protect users. A large population of experts that we think are essential to this mission lives in remote areas. PolySwarm is unlocking talent from regions with less access to opportunities and levelling the playing field in the industry: Regardless of location and education history, experts get paid entirely on their ability to detect threats accurately and in a timely manner.”
Over 3,000 participants bought /NCT tokens, which are designed to replace outdated antivirus models like subscription payments and broadening accessibility to threat detection, Polyswarm said in a statement.
Polyswarm added that the cyber threat intelligence industry it intends to disrupt is worth some USD 8.5 billion, with the system providing enterprises and consumers with unprecedented speed and accuracy in threat detection.
The Polyswarm advisory board includes former McAfee CIO Mark Tonnesen alongside a host of cybersecurity experts including Dan Guido, Chris Eagle, Dr. Sergey Bratus, and Carl Hoffman, stated the company.
PolySwarm in February announced an investment from leading cryptocurrency investment firm, BlockTower Capital.
For more information, please visit the company’s website: https://polyswarm.io.
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018
- Loom’s Popular dApps Enable Ethereum Development at Scale - July 11, 2018
- Crypto Theft Surges in 2018. This Company Offers a Solution - July 11, 2018
- Token Gesture by SEC Director William Hinman - July 10, 2018
- Block.One Brings in Jefferies Asia Head to Lead EOS VC - July 9, 2018
- IBM Wins Billion Dollar Blockchain Contract in Australia - July 9, 2018
- Blockchain Banking Milestone: European Banks Complete First Live Trades on We.Trade Platform - July 5, 2018
- Tax Authorities Unite to Target Cryptocurrency Crime - July 5, 2018
- Globacap Raising Capital on Own Platform with UK FCA Backing - July 5, 2018
- Blockchain Close to Breakout Moment: Deloitte Survey - July 5, 2018
- Survey Finds Turkey is Europe’s Most Crypto-Friendly Nation - July 4, 2018
- Music Streamer Choon Starts Public Sale After Banking $2 Million - July 4, 2018
- Russian Military Sets Up Blockchain Research Lab - July 3, 2018
- TrustLogics Recruitment Platform Wins Stevie Award - July 3, 2018
- IP Gold Ditches Ethereum for NEM Blockchain - July 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Lead $12 Million Funding Round for StartUp Access Platform Republic - July 2, 2018
- Are Digital IDs the Start of a Blockchain-Based Service Economy for the Cayman Islands? - July 2, 2018
- QRL Launches Quantum Resistant Blockchain - June 29, 2018
- User Friendly Exchange Targets US Crypto Newbies - June 29, 2018
- Dash Doc Highlights Digital Currency Solution for Zimbabwe - June 28, 2018
- Virtual Twin Method Wins EU Anti Counterfeit Challenge - June 27, 2018
- Stanford University Takes Blockchain Leap - June 27, 2018
- Dutch Airport Adds Bitcoin ATM for Euro Exchange - June 26, 2018
- SharesPost Gets $15 Million to Expand Security Token Trading - June 25, 2018
- Eidoo Unveils Crypto Sculpture in London - June 25, 2018
- Canada: a Blockchain Testing Ground for Cannabis Cultivators - June 22, 2018
- Medicalchain Inks Deal with Mayo Clinic to Advance Health Tech - June 21, 2018
- TrustToken Raises $20 Million with Major VC Support - June 21, 2018
- Adents Adds Microsoft AI to NovaTrack Supply Platform - June 20, 2018
- AlphaPoint Raises $15 Million with Galaxy Ventures Funding - June 19, 2018
- Fractional Shares in Robinhood, Ripple and Didi Available From Swarm Fund - June 19, 2018
- WAVES Tokens Take a Ride on OKEX Exchange - June 18, 2018
- Europe’s Leading Parking Services Network Launches ICO - June 18, 2018
- Hdac Scores with World Cup TV Blockchain Advert - June 15, 2018
- Swedish Sports Brand Puts Same-Sex Marriage on the Blockchain - June 15, 2018
- Whale Hunter Spiking Links with AntShares Founder’s Latest Blockchain, Nebulas - June 15, 2018
- Swytch Pilots Clean Energy Rewards in Germany, Launches ICO - June 14, 2018
- Coinbase Opens Index Fund for Investments up to $20 Million - June 14, 2018
- South Africa Reserve Bank Makes Progress with Quorum Blockchain Pilot - June 12, 2018
- Wallets and Exchanges Fail Identity Check Test - June 12, 2018
- Now ‘Ask Juliet’ for Crypto Tips on TokenAI - June 11, 2018
- Iconic Warhol on Slate at Blockchain Auction - June 8, 2018
- “Quasi Unicorn” Hyperchain Seals RMB 1.5 Billion Financing - June 8, 2018
- COBINHOOD Launches DEXON Platform for Faster Processing - June 7, 2018
- Subway Jumps on FoodLogiQ Supply Chain Pilot - June 7, 2018