Canadian financial technology company Tradewind on Monday launched a digital platform for trading, settlement and ownership of physical gold on the blockchain. Named VaultChain deposits, it will provide clients with verification and storage of their gold registered through the Royal Canadian Mint.
Central to the system’s operation is the Royal Canadian Mint’s confirmation that it is in possession of the physical gold on the platform, recognizing the Tradewind blockchain as the official owner. The Mint also provides a contractual guarantee to deliver the physical gold to the network as required.
According to the press release, customers will access the market through a network of authorized dealers and will be able to own VaultChain gold in fractional quantities, in a segregated account or by walleting directly on the Tradewind blockchain. VaultChain Gold will not be subject to ongoing management and administrative fees associated with securities products like exchange-traded funds, Tradewind said.
Matt Trudeau, President and co-founder of Tradewind said, in the press release: “We believe that the ownership and trading of vaulted precious metals will go digital, and our open-architecture platform will lead this transformation allowing market participants to quickly and easily adapt. Gold and blockchain technology form a uniquely compelling marriage, and we created our platform to enable the gold market to respond to a number of systemic challenges and remove prior limitations.”
Among Tradewind’s investors are some highly regarded names in the precious metals sector and exchange technology, including IEX Group, precious metals asset manager Sprott, and gold producer Goldcorp.
Sandra Hanington, CEO of the Royal Canadian Mint commented, “The Royal Canadian Mint is pleased to have worked with Tradewind to combine our world-class vaulting services with their innovative technology solution aimed at digitizing and modernizing the physical precious metals trading market.”
For more information: https://tradewindmarkets.com/.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018