Algebraix, a company developing a permission-based ad display platform, announced on Tuesday that it has launched its public token sale. The company also announced it will leverage CoinList’s ComplyAPI to perform compliance checks on potential investors.
Algebraix has been selling the rights to its ALX token since September 2017, according to Token Report data. Instead of a traditional direct sale of tokens, the company is contracting with investors via a Simple Agreement for Future Tokens (SAFT), which is an agreement to provide buyers with tokens to be generated at a future date.
According to a white paper, Algebraix will accept investment now, build the network, and distribute tokens to investors once the network is built, as specified in the SAFT. Half of the promised ALX tokens will be distributed upon launch, and the other half 6-months later. (The agreement must be enacted by January 1, 2020, the dissolution date specified in the SAFT.)
Austin, TX-based Algebraix is developing a permissioned ad platform that uses blockchain to give individuals control over their personal data, and the right to monetize that data with marketers. Their one-time token generation event will create 100 billion ALX tokens — 30 percent of which will be distributed to SAFT investors — and aims to raise USD 25 million, according to the company’s token prospectus.
According to a white paper published by Algebraix in February 2018, US law requires the company to ensure that all token purchasers are high-net-worth “accredited investors.” To ensure that participants meet the required thresholds (over USD 200K, or USD 300K w/ spouse, in income, or a net-worth over USD 1M, as stated in the white paper) Algebraix will use CoinList’s ComplyAPI to perform investor compliance checks on investors, including Know Your Customer (KYC) & Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and accreditation verification.
- TOOL Global Launches OLO Token To Monetize User Behavior - July 23, 2018
- Stratis Steam Ahead with Sidechains, Third Release This Month - July 2, 2018
- What’s Behind the $575 Million TaTaTu Private Sale? - June 25, 2018
- Constellation Launches Orion Community Portal, Airdrops DAG Tokens - June 22, 2018
- Is Metronome’s “Un-ICO” the Next Cryptocurrency Evolution? - June 18, 2018
- Zenodys Launches Private Sale for CoinZZ Token Ahead of July ICO - June 4, 2018
- Block.one Closes Record $4 Billion ICO of EOS - June 1, 2018
- Guardium ICO Adds XPRIZE’s Peter Diamandis as Participant, Advisor - May 30, 2018
- SingularityNET Launches $100 Million Industry Initiative to Fund and Support AI Blockchain Projects - May 25, 2018
- Bitmain Bets $110 Million That Circle Can Create the One True Stablecoin - May 17, 2018
- Is EOS Dumping Ether? Market Analyst Santiment Thinks Not - May 14, 2018
- Constellation Sets out to Build Fast, Scalable Blockchain Using DAG - April 17, 2018
- Monex Buys Post-Hack Coincheck for $33.5M, Aims For Eventual IPO - April 9, 2018
- Award-Winning Eligma Announces $24M ICO To Unify Online Shopping - April 5, 2018
- Algebraix Launches Public Token Sale With Help From CoinList API - March 29, 2018
- ALAX and Gionee Partner to Bring Mobile Gaming to the World’s Underbanked - March 22, 2018
- Havven Raises $30m for USD-Pegged Stablecoin Network - March 2, 2018
- iOlite Launches Foundation and ICO to Democratize Smart Contracts - March 2, 2018
- Australia’s Shping Launches Token to Change How Advertisers Reach Consumers - February 26, 2018
- HelloGold’s GOLDX: World’s First Shariah-Compliant Crypto Asset - February 21, 2018