Cryptocurrency and blockchain platform, Singapore-based NEM on Sunday announced the beta launch of Catapult, an update to the NEM blockchain.
NEM is a blockchain platform designed for businesses, with features such as multi-signature account contracts, customizable assets, a naming system, and encrypted messaging, according to the foundation’s announcement.
The Catapult update is a full-featured blockchain engine that will provide both public and private networks with smart-contract plugins, the announcement stated. These plugins will purportedly enable bulletproof digital asset creation, decentralized swaps, advanced account systems and business logic modelling.
Besides making big improvements to speed and scalability, NEM stated that Catapult introduces “aggregated transactions” and “multi-level multi-signature accounts.” These offer new uses that have never been available on any blockchain, according to NEM.
“NEM’s out-of-the-box blockchain technology accelerates enterprise solutions to serve the needs of the biggest technology businesses in the world, leapfrogging other enterprise blockchains,” the company stated.
NEM outlined three phases to the Catapult beta program: the developer preview and software development kit release; the evaluation release of Catapult core engine and the dual-licensing of Catapult in both open-source and commercial licenses.
NEM is partnering with the crypto-financial technology firm Tech Bureau to launch the update.
“We’re proud to partner with Tech Bureau, as we believe the new Catapult blockchain technology platform is the future standard for mainstream enterprise and organizational infrastructures,” said Lon Wong, president of the NEM.io Foundation, in a statement. “Catapult is more than just an improvement to the NEM Blockchain. It is an industry milestone that opens up new capabilities for blockchain database functionality.”
The NEM.io Foundation stated that it will spend an estimated USD 40 million this year to fund global expansion programs.
For more information, please visit: www.nem.io.
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018