Singapore-based AlphaBit (ABCC) Cryptocurrency Exchange announced on Wednesday that it had launched last weekend, listing existing mainstream and alternate cryptocurrencies for invited users, and is set to open to the public on April 28. According to the announcement, AlphaBit is the first cryptocurrency exchange that offers commission-free trading to a broad base of investors.
“This is in line with the company’s philosophy of creating an open, frictionless and participatory ecosystem in which investors can identify valuable blockchain assets and tap on the exchange’s secure online trading platform and accompanying professional trading services to trade efficiently,” stated AlphaBit, which was founded by Singaporean entrepreneur Calvin Cheng.
AlphaBit stated that its zero-fee policy is aimed at attracting mass participation on its exchange, with the view that blockchain technology and the digitization of assets will be an integral part of the future of advanced economies.
“I believe that entrepreneurs in the blockchain field need to proactively create a healthy industry environment as well as follow a sustainable business model,” stated Cheng. “As the industry matures, these blockchain projects need real-world applications which generate real social value. Through [AlphaBit], we hope to alleviate this problem by encouraging more users to have a frictionless experience when trading cryptocurrencies.”
AlphaBit stated that its team consists of 20 core members who have rich experience in the internet, finance, media, fashion, and management consulting industries – many of the team have worked together in the past, ensuring a solid foundation of trust throughout the entire project.
Cheng is a former politician and a businessman who listed his e-learning platform Retech on the Australian stock exchange in 2017. He is also a senior advisor to leading investment fund Dragon Blockchain.
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018