Announced last week, a new network, the xGoogler Blockchain Alliance (GBA), has been founded to link former employees of the search giant who are now involved in the industry, and to address demand for first-class specialists in the area. Former Google executives, including Hitters Xu, Daniel Wang and Andy Tian, are behind the initiative.
Hitters Xu, founder of Nebulas (described as a “next-generation public blockchain”), will be a core member, the statement said. Xu was previously part of Google’s Search and Anti-Fraud team, and previously served as the director of Ant Financial’s Blockchain Platform—Alibaba’s financial arm, in addition to other high-ranking positions.
Another member will be Daniel Wang, founder of Loopring—a decentralized exchange and open protocol. Wang is a former tech lead at Google.
Also announced as a founder member is Andy Tian, founder and CEO of Gifto—a decentralized universal gifting protocol, and a serial entrepreneur. Tian is the CEO of mobile entertainment enterprise Asia Innovations Group. He was previously a strategic partnership development manager at Google, where he brought Android to Asia, according to the statement.
GBA intends to unite ex-Googlers to advance each other’s ambitions in the blockchain space, believing the blockchain industry is “ripe for transformative ideas and breakthrough technologies.”
Through its network, GBA also intends to incubate quality blockchain projects produced by former Googlers. It is currently active in the San Francisco Bay Area, Beijing and Shanghai, according to the statement.
- Gaimin Lets You Mine Crypto From a Gaming PC - May 24, 2018
- Investing Platform eToro Launches in US, Plans Gibraltar Expansion - May 21, 2018
- Top 20 US Blockchain Job Markets 2018 - May 18, 2018
- Bitfinex Teams up with Connamara for FIX Digital Asset Gateway Release - May 17, 2018
- IBM and Global Citizen Partner on Donation-Tracking Blockchain Platform - May 15, 2018
- Pioneering De Beers Blockchain Pilot Tracks Diamonds From Mine to Retail Outlet - May 11, 2018
- How Widespread is Cryptocurrency Ownership? Survey - May 10, 2018
- Gartner Survey Reveals Death of Current Blockchain Deployments - May 9, 2018
- Blockpass Partners with Scottish University for Research Lab - May 4, 2018
- Ripple Adds Five New xVia Customers to Global Payments Network - May 3, 2018
- WISeKey Partners With SAT to Expand Presence in Middle East - May 3, 2018
- One in Five Financial Firms Considering Crypto Trading: Thomson Reuters Survey - May 2, 2018
- Bitcoin ATM Network Coinsource Partners with Multi-Factor Authenticator Acuant - May 2, 2018
- WISeKey Teams Up with Soul Machines to Develop Humanlike Bot for Security Q&A - May 1, 2018
- Peoplewave Launches ICO Presale for Wavebase HR Platform - April 27, 2018
- Ether Capital Launches on NEO Exchange - April 27, 2018
- Frankl Launches Airdrop for Scientists and Students - April 25, 2018
- Crypto Exchange and Trading Platform VRBex Launches Presale - April 25, 2018
- Former Google Execs Form New Blockchain Alliance - April 23, 2018
- Blackmoon Launches Asset-Management Platform Services - April 20, 2018