Bezant, the decentralized payments and service platform connecting influencers, creators, and e-commerce merchants, announced on Monday that its presale fundraising target of USD 16.8 million was achieved in under one hour, with 7.5 times more applications than could be accepted.
Excess funds contributed will be returned to the original senders, Bezant said. Due to high demand from various participants around the world, Bezant added a bonus presale round on May 4 of USD 4 million, which also sold out in under five minutes.
Bezant Chief Cryptocurrency Officer Daesik Kim stated, “We couldn’t be more pleased with the results – reaching nine figures with practically zero marketing spend – and would like to thank the community for its confidence and support. I’m proud to lead Bezant’s token sale effort and this is just the first of many milestones on our roadmap that we are working tirelessly to achieve. Bezant is a game changer in the content and influencer industry, as our team, with the support of seasoned industry heavyweights, builds a vibrant and thriving ecosystem for creators and consumers alike.”
Ten months in the making, Bezant aims to disrupt fundraising and payments for the global digital content and influencer sectors, leveraging the skills of the cryptocurrency exchange Bithumb Co-Founder Daesik Kim and several executives from the homegrown Korean internet giant Kakao.
Bezant said that the platform will maintain a focus on mobile apps, games, and e-commerce, primarily in emerging markets. In particular, Bezant will seek to empower creators through the blockchain and increase revenues from digital content, enable more consumers, including the unbanked, to access and pay for a wider variety of digital content, and drive positive social and economic change by making digital content consumption more accessible outside the walled garden of global tech giants.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018