Pundi X, the cryptocurrency point-of-sale manufacturer, revealed on Friday a new partnership with the Global Crypto Offering Exchange (GCOX), which represents former England striker Michael Owen. The footballer’s ‘Owen Coin’ cryptocurrency will now be usable in retail storefronts equipped with a customized version of the Pundi X point-of-sale terminal. PundiX recently announced buybacks of its underlying token to fuel additional partnerships in the future.
The Owen Coin is the result of the footballer’s partnership with the Singapore-based GCOX, which claims to be the world’s first celebrity cryptocurrency exchange.
CEO and Co-Founder of Pundi X Zac Cheah stated, “The rate of cryptocurrency adoption grew exponentially among Millennials in recent years. The celebrity tokens will definitely gain popularity and high interest. Take myself, for example, I’m a football fan and would love to acquire the OWN token when it is available. With the Pundi X POS, it will make GCOX tokens much easier for people to transact and widen their adoption.”
Pundi X also announced, at the end of last month, that its terminals will support Zcash, which claims to be the first blockchain designed to give consumers control over the information they disclose onto the blockchain, with over USD 1 billion worth of ZEC in circulation.
UX Engineer at the Zcash Company Linda Lee stated, ”We want ZEC to be used as a currency for day-to-day transactions, but believe that two major barriers to adoption are point of sales integration and an intuitive way to interact with that integration. We hope that Pundi X’s Zcash support will enable many users in Korea, Japan and Singapore to use Zcash as a method of payment in their day-to-day transactions”.
Pundi X now has offices in China, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Latin America and Europe, and plans to ship over 25,000 XPOS cryptocurrency point-of-sale-terminals before the end of 2018.
Cheah concluded, “Our XPOS point of sales devices can carry up to 15 different currencies, with future plans for more. We have carefully chosen our partnerships to give consumers and retailers more choices and it’s very exciting to announce a deal with one of the world’s leading cryptocurrencies, not just on the measure of market penetration but technological innovation and consumer focus, too.”
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- Alibabacoin to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018