Bloq, a US startup which gives companies the ability to create blockchain platforms, is set to issue its own Metronome tokens, according to Reuters.
Metronome is a cross blockchain cryptocurrency with a predictable and autonomously managed token supply, built for store-of-value, payment and transactional use cases.
The first 8 million Metronome tokens will be available to purchase on June 18 in a seven day auction, Reuters said, after interviewing company executives at Consensus in New York.
The sale follows a different format to the usual token offering, according to the report, with no private placements to institutional investors and proceeds remaining in the company’s smart contracts to provide liquidity to the market.
Metronome tokens, /MET will initially be priced at 2 /ETH and will reportedly descend in price every minute until the supply is exhausted. The company isn’t looking for a particular target for its fundraising, instead it is concerned with conducting a successful offering. Previous press commentary had indicated expected demand of USD 250 million of Metronome tokens.
Having been first announced in October 2017, Bloq chairman Matthew Roszak said people in the industry had been waiting a long time for this token but it had taken time to build the community.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018