Working from a base deep in a Swedish forest, computer coder Thomas Backlund has completed his five-year project with the release of Superblocks.com, a self-coined Wordpress for Blockchain, which has received USD 1 million in seed funding from investor Cryptowell.
According to a statement on Wednesday, Superblocks aims to solve complications with building decentralized applications on the Blockchain. The browser based platform simplifies the process of coding, building, testing and deploying smart contracts and powerful decentralized apps.
“The Superblocks Studio editor makes it much easier to develop dApps, but that’s just a first step for us,” stated Backlund. “Soon, our users will be able to connect their dApps to cloud services, allowing access to data storage, analytics and artificial intelligence that currently doesn’t work on the blockchain. We hope people will build decentralized versions of YouTube, Uber and maybe even entire nations on our platform.”
The editing system, Superblocks Studio, is launching an open beta platform and has begun accepting Ethereum developers. Support will be added for other blockchains in the coming months, according to the statement.
“The potential for Superblocks is immense, the timing is perfect, and we truly believe it’s possible for Superblocks to become the global ‘Wordpress’ for decentralized apps,” said investor Håkan Birging from Cryptowell.
SuperBlocks is Cryptowell’s second major blockchain investment; it previously took a stake in financial trust platform Hiveonline in 2017.
Backlund made headlines in 2013 when he quit his job, sold his assets and moved to a forest in order to pursue his startup dream.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018