The blockchain platform æternity announced on Tuesday the launch of æternity Starfleet, a series of incubator and accelerator programs to support the global blockchain industry by building a network of innovators, investors, and industry enthusiasts.
According to the announcement, æternity Starfleet will support global startups and provide them with up to USD 250,000 in funding and access to a co-working space. The first wave of incubators will commence on June 11 with four weeks of intensive training and mentoring. At the end of every program, each team will be given the opportunity to present their project to an audience of investors, thought leaders, and blockchain experts.
“Today’s launch is the culmination of months of extensive research and preparation and underlines our commitment to be the enablers of innovation, strengthening the already thriving blockchain community worldwide,” æternity founder Yanislav Malahov stated. “We are confident that these incubator programs will accelerate the adoption of blockchain technology globally and support projects that share our vision for a future built on powerful, user-friendly decentralized applications.”
The announcement also stated that æternity Starfleet will support blockchain education and project development through an ongoing partnership with Software University in Sofia, Bulgaria. The company touted its partnership with SoftUni as a collaboration between industry and academia, geared towards developing the next generation of entrepreneurs and innovators to meet the growing demand for blockchain-literate professionals.
“I expect this program will contribute greatly to the blockchain startup ecosystem,” added SoftUni founder Hristo Tenchev. “With a significant concentration of technical talent and entrepreneurs, a blockchain-focussed incubator program is exactly what the current ecosystem needs.”
According to the announcement, a separate entity, æternity Ventures, will manage and oversee the global incubator and accelerator programs. The Sofia-based æternity Ventures will also be responsible for strategic business partnerships and investments in early-stage blockchain ventures, the announcement stated.
In order to apply for project support, please visit https://www.f6s.com/aeternitystarfleet/apply.
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018