The Tezos Foundation today announced two fresh partnerships to encourage the development of technologies underlying the Tezos protocol. Tezos will be backing the French National Institute for computer science and applied mathematics, Inria, and development company Tarides, also based in France.
The Foundation said, in a statement: “The Tezos Foundation is committed to funding relevant research and projects that will support and benefit the Tezos protocol, and is pleased to support these exceptional groups.”
With the backing from the Tezos Foundation, Inria, a world-class research institution, will target cryptography and cybersecurity as well as distributed systems, such as blockchain technology. They will also research the OCaml language which underlies the Tezos protocol. Inria will use the additional resources to establish several internal labs, create full-time research teams and connect further with blockchain technology, according to a statement.
Tarides will use the financial support from the partnership to research how Tezos can be packaged as a MirageOS unikernel. This, the company states, will help nodes on the Tezos network to be established more efficiently and securely.
Tarides is a Paris-based company led by Thomas Gazagnaire, who previously worked at Citrix, Unikernel Systems and Docker. The firm helps companies to build network and storage services.
Tezos is a smart-contracts platform that includes a way for the protocol to be upgraded through a governance system. The system is created so that the blockchain can evolve instead of performing hard forks which may lead to transactions not being confirmed by out-of-date nodes.
Tezos recently announced partnerships with the IMDEA Support Institute and OCaml Labs to strengthen development of their underlying software. They are also funding Obsidian to develop security solutions for the Tezos network. In February, they began funding the Learn OCaml project to encourage awareness of the code.
- Neufund Partners with Binance and Malta Stock Exchange - July 23, 2018
- IBM Partners with Stablecoin Stronghold USD on Stellar Network - July 18, 2018
- New Blockchain Platform to Provide Digital Immortality - July 18, 2018
- NatWest Joins R3 Blockchain Finance Platform Marco Polo - July 17, 2018
- iXledger Offers New Blockchain Insurance with London Broker - July 16, 2018
- Tech Group MonetaryUnit to Acquire Flubit and Launch Crypto Marketplace - July 13, 2018
- Futuristic, Blockchain-Powered, Algae-Coated Towers Proposed for Hangzhou - July 11, 2018
- Unchain Teams with KPN and Microsoft for Enterprise Blockchain Solutions - July 11, 2018
- Zen Protocol Launches Mainnet Genesis Block - July 10, 2018
- Palladium Launches Regulated ICCO for Institutional Investors - July 10, 2018
- Malta Approves Three Regulatory Bills to Encourage Crypto Adoption - July 5, 2018
- Ron Paul: “Crypto can Bring Back Gold Standard” - July 4, 2018
- EU Report Blasts Economists Who Criticize Cryptocurrencies - July 3, 2018
- VeChain Launches Thor Blockchain. Token Swap Set for Mid-July - July 3, 2018
- Galaxy Digital Invests $20 Million in Blockchain Virtual Reality Platform - July 2, 2018
- DNAtix Pilot Blockchain Technology for Preventative Healthcare - June 28, 2018
- Regulatory Clarity Will Have a Snowball Effect on Institutional Investors - June 28, 2018
- New Platforms Open Up Smart Contracts to Non-Developers - June 28, 2018
- Hyperledger Executive Explores Real-World Uses of Blockchain - June 28, 2018
- Blockchain Tech set to “Overthrow” Current Banking System: ABM AMRO Exec - June 28, 2018