With underlying tech pioneered by data and analytics marketplace Experfy, in the Harvard Innovation Lab, the Cayman Islands-based Expercoin is launching an initial coin offering (ICO), with a private presale beginning on June 1, to help build a decentralized education platform.
According to Expercoin, its platform will use blockchain technology to support upskilling, assessments, mentorships, and peer-to-peer financial aid.
Having built a leading AI-powered platform that combines work and upskilling for Fortune 500s, the Experfy team is now launching Expercoin, which will decentralize its technology stack through a new corporate entity, the company stated.
“According to McKinsey, 850 million people in just seven countries are either unemployed or underemployed and the culprit is our educational system that needs serious reform,” stated Expercoin co-founder Sarabjot Kaur. “As the world moves toward a skills-based economy and automation eats away traditional jobs, the Expercoin protocol would enable continuous upskilling by creating dynamic learning paths and simulated apprenticeships using AI. Combining skills-based education with hands-on work would usher a highly trained workforce for an increasingly digital world.”
The announcement stated that anyone can launch an “Expercoin Republic” to bring together education in its various forms – including courses, assessments and mentorship – with hands-on work opportunities, such as internships and jobs.
“For instance,” the company explained, “there can be a ‘Republic of Smart Manufacturing,’ ‘Republic of Nanotechnology,’ ‘Republic of Blockchain,’ or ‘Republic of Public Speaking.’”
Subject matter experts would seek “citizenship” in each Republic to create learning experiences, provide mentorship and other services, Expercoin stated that token holders would receive an “Expercoin Trust Quotient,” which determines the amount of influence they will have in the governance of the decentralized network.
“Expercoin intends to tokenize all interactions within its ecosystem to disincentivize bad actors and reward contributors,” the company stated. “Using the Expercoin Protocol, developers will be able to build new apps and monetize them by listing them in Expercoin’s App Store.”
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018