ADM Ecosystems last week announced a new patent for ATM-style machines that will facilitate decentralized applications (dApps) for the public. The beta launch is planned in Puerto Rico for 2019.
The Automized Decentralized Machines (ADMs) will provide public access to location-based dApps. In a partnership with I/O Digital Foundation, the ecosystem will be based around the I/O coin (IOC), the Chameleon framework and the ADM. The Chameleon framework allows for the creation of unique and interoperable I/O digital sidechains.
In a statement, ADM Ecosystems said: “ADM Ecosystems LLC is providing location-based decentralized Apps serviced on fully equipped ADM terminals, mobile and web, connected to a decentralized Blockchain, to store, send data and value transfers in or through a decentralized blockchain network.”
The ADMs will provide services such as voting, making international payments, providing proof of ownership of documents, signing documents and converting between fiat and cryptocurrencies. The providers will be able to choose in which regions their dApps will be made accessible.
Users will also be able to make their own smart contracts using the ADMs. A smart contract is a digital contract that is fulfilled when the conditions are met. ADM Ecosystems give the example of someone getting ownership of a new car automatically once they send over the payment for it.
The ADM Ecosystem will bring back color to #fintech and connect the real world with #blockchain based applications. Many use cases possible: Storing documents | Cast your vote | Notary services | Insurance | @coindesk #WBFNY #WBFNYC https://t.co/7WsVa7rE1y pic.twitter.com/VgIh1uRtNm
— ADM Ecosystems LLC (@Admecosystems) June 12, 2018
The ADMs will be equipped with authentication hardware such as fingerprint scanners, chip card readers, pin code buttons and even IRIS scanners. For the dApps, they will have a USB port, an A4 scanner, and printer. They have already been designed by the ADM team who have entered a provisional patent.
I/O Digital are developing an open source blockchain ecosystem project focusing around the I/O coin. They did not do an initial coin offering (ICO) to kickstart funding and are a not-for-profit foundation.
The Chameleon framework has been under development for two years and will allow for community voting and the ability to increase scalability through sharding.
- Neufund Partners with Binance and Malta Stock Exchange - July 23, 2018
- IBM Partners with Stablecoin Stronghold USD on Stellar Network - July 18, 2018
- New Blockchain Platform to Provide Digital Immortality - July 18, 2018
- NatWest Joins R3 Blockchain Finance Platform Marco Polo - July 17, 2018
- iXledger Offers New Blockchain Insurance with London Broker - July 16, 2018
- Tech Group MonetaryUnit to Acquire Flubit and Launch Crypto Marketplace - July 13, 2018
- Futuristic, Blockchain-Powered, Algae-Coated Towers Proposed for Hangzhou - July 11, 2018
- Unchain Teams with KPN and Microsoft for Enterprise Blockchain Solutions - July 11, 2018
- Zen Protocol Launches Mainnet Genesis Block - July 10, 2018
- Palladium Launches Regulated ICCO for Institutional Investors - July 10, 2018
- Malta Approves Three Regulatory Bills to Encourage Crypto Adoption - July 5, 2018
- Ron Paul: “Crypto can Bring Back Gold Standard” - July 4, 2018
- EU Report Blasts Economists Who Criticize Cryptocurrencies - July 3, 2018
- VeChain Launches Thor Blockchain. Token Swap Set for Mid-July - July 3, 2018
- Galaxy Digital Invests $20 Million in Blockchain Virtual Reality Platform - July 2, 2018
- DNAtix Pilot Blockchain Technology for Preventative Healthcare - June 28, 2018
- Regulatory Clarity Will Have a Snowball Effect on Institutional Investors - June 28, 2018
- New Platforms Open Up Smart Contracts to Non-Developers - June 28, 2018
- Hyperledger Executive Explores Real-World Uses of Blockchain - June 28, 2018
- Blockchain Tech set to “Overthrow” Current Banking System: ABM AMRO Exec - June 28, 2018