London’s art lovers were getting an unexpected taste of the blockchain last week as a new public sculpture, dedicated to cryptocurrency went on display in the heart of the city’s South Bank.
The sculpture, Crypto Connection, was created by contemporary artist Federico Clapis and commissioned by wallet and exchange group Eidoo. According to a press release the imposing three-meter bronze statue poses questions about the future of global financing and the impact cryptocurrencies will have on future generations.
During the unveiling event, Eidoo premiered Wallem, its Pokemon Go style game, where users can walk around a city collecting crypto tokens. USD 30,000 in crypto tokens such as Bitcoin, Eidoo and Ethereum, were placed within 300 meters of the sculpture for those who downloaded Wallem to catch.
“We’re thrilled to unveil the first crypto sculpture in the world in the creative hub of London,” said Lars Schlichting CEO of Eidoo. “With the crypto space developing fast we wanted to explore a way to communicate with a wider public using the hugely engaging medium of art. We have immensely enjoyed working with Federico Clapis who has managed to capture our intention through this awe-inspiring piece.”
The sculpture is situated at Observation Point on London’s Southbank between the OXO Tower and the British Film Institute. The release states that the use of a classical sculpture in polished bronze together with a provocative futuristic topic juxtaposes perfectly to reflect the dichotomy of cryptocurrency itself: a seemly fleeting trend, yet built to endure.
Eidoo is becoming known for innovative marketing stunts, having previously bought a full-page advertisement in the Wall Street Journal to share JPMorgan CEO, Jamie Dimon’s views on cryptocurrency. This latest effort could bring a whole new shift from the arts to the future of finance.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018