Financial trading platform TradeIX announced an investment of USD 16 million on Thursday, led by ING Ventures, the venture capital arm of ING Bank. The Series A investment was also backed by Kistefos, BNP Paribas and Tech Mahindra.
TradeIX is an open platform for trade finance and uses blockchain technology. The platform is powered by application programming interfaces (APIs). These connect with existing trade platforms and applications, to enable businesses to become more transparent and efficient. Its decentralized application aims to help clients connect more easily with the wider trade ecosystem.
TradeIX has already partnered with banks, corporates and ERP providers. Working with blockchain software firm R3, they are running the Marco Polo initiative. This involves implementing blockchain technology into trade transactions made by international banks. TradeIX also recently launched the world’s first blockchain-enabled trade finance transaction for global logistics company DHL.
Mark Buitenhek, Head of Transaction Services at ING, said in a statement: “TradeIX offers a great solution for trade finance that truly enables clients to become more efficient and transparent. TradeIX operates via an open platform and ‘open’ is what ING thinks the future of financial services is going to be. On top of that, we see a lot of opportunity in distributed ledger technology, so we’re happy to announce we are now intensifying our cooperation with TradeIX.”
Jacques Levet, Head of Transaction Banking EMEA at BNP Paribas, said that they are looking forward to working with the TradeIX team to deliver new innovations. She said this will ‘fundamentally’ change how banks offer and manage trade finance solutions for corporate clients.
Norwegian investment company Kistefos has previously invested in TradeIX and increased its stake in the company as part of the new transaction. Kistefos invests in Norweigan and foreign companies within sectors including shipping, financial services and telecommunications.
- Neufund Partners with Binance and Malta Stock Exchange - July 23, 2018
- IBM Partners with Stablecoin Stronghold USD on Stellar Network - July 18, 2018
- New Blockchain Platform to Provide Digital Immortality - July 18, 2018
- NatWest Joins R3 Blockchain Finance Platform Marco Polo - July 17, 2018
- iXledger Offers New Blockchain Insurance with London Broker - July 16, 2018
- Tech Group MonetaryUnit to Acquire Flubit and Launch Crypto Marketplace - July 13, 2018
- Futuristic, Blockchain-Powered, Algae-Coated Towers Proposed for Hangzhou - July 11, 2018
- Unchain Teams with KPN and Microsoft for Enterprise Blockchain Solutions - July 11, 2018
- Zen Protocol Launches Mainnet Genesis Block - July 10, 2018
- Palladium Launches Regulated ICCO for Institutional Investors - July 10, 2018
- Malta Approves Three Regulatory Bills to Encourage Crypto Adoption - July 5, 2018
- Ron Paul: “Crypto can Bring Back Gold Standard” - July 4, 2018
- EU Report Blasts Economists Who Criticize Cryptocurrencies - July 3, 2018
- VeChain Launches Thor Blockchain. Token Swap Set for Mid-July - July 3, 2018
- Galaxy Digital Invests $20 Million in Blockchain Virtual Reality Platform - July 2, 2018
- DNAtix Pilot Blockchain Technology for Preventative Healthcare - June 28, 2018
- Regulatory Clarity Will Have a Snowball Effect on Institutional Investors - June 28, 2018
- New Platforms Open Up Smart Contracts to Non-Developers - June 28, 2018
- Hyperledger Executive Explores Real-World Uses of Blockchain - June 28, 2018
- Blockchain Tech set to “Overthrow” Current Banking System: ABM AMRO Exec - June 28, 2018