With the ultimate vision of linking the ASEAN region with China’s Digital Silk Road, a new cross-border blockchain for trade has been launched by Global eTrade Services (GeTS), a subsidiary of Singapore-based e-government group CrimsonLogic.
According to a press release Wednesday, the Open Trade Blockchain (OTB) will increase efficiency, security and transparency for global trade, providing the region’s first cross-border blockchain platform that is aligned with China’s Belt Road Initiative (BRI) and the Southern Transport Corridor.
The system is run by trusted nodes, hosted by whitelisted, accredited trade compliance companies. The OTB enhances the security of trade-related documents, such as Certificates of Origin and commercial invoices, and enhances transparency and trust between shippers, freight-forwarders and their customers.
The company said the OTB is built on an intuitive and user-friendly interface, with drag-and-drop simplicity to secure trade documents between businesses. Web Service APIs will allow partners to integrate and scale the blockchain with their own legacy systems.
By linking China and the rest of the region on the OTB, GeTS also aims to provide a strategic edge for businesses wanting to participate in China’s Belt and Road initiatives.
Partners in the exercise include China-ASEAN Information Harbor Co., Suzhou Cross-E-commerce Co. Ltd (operator of the Suzhou E-commerce Single Window), and the Commodities Intelligence Centre. Others coming on board include Korea Trade Network, PT-EDI Indonesia and the Trade-Van Information Services Co. (Taipei).
“We believe that our blockchain technology can help create greater trust amongst cross-border traders in ASEAN and along China’s BRI and Southern Transport Corridor. Trade volume between ASEAN and China would become the single largest transaction between two regions and we hope to facilitate this,” said Eugene Wong, Chairman of CrimsonLogic and GeTS. “Our vision is to create a new Global Trade Facilitation platform which is truly trusted globally with our Open Trade Blockchain technology.”
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018