ICONLOOP, the company developing ICON’s blockchain engine, has been selected as an operator of Seoul’s standard blockchain platform for ‘Seoul Blockchain Demonstration Project’ (directed by Uracle), which is commissioned by the Seoul Metropolitan Government.
This project is a follow-up project of the Seoul Metropolitan Government’s ‘Information Strategy Planning for Building Blockchain Based Municipal Innovation (ISP)’ conducted last year. It includes introduction of the Seoul standard blockchain platform, two blockchain leading businesses, and three verification businesses for the provision of blockchain-based administration services. It is of great significance as a starting point to verify and construct a Seoul-based blockchain technology which will be extended to all aspects of administration services of Seoul in the future.
ICONLOOP will apply its self-developed blockchain engine, ‘loopchain’ to Seoul Blockchain Standard Platform, used car trading system, and mobile-voting system over the next six months. Also, verification business is planned for services closely related to citizens’ living such as citizen card, mileage integration, subcontract payment, and others.
The ICON Foundation expect a transparent and efficient administration services as well as an invigoration of Seoul economy by applying ICONLOOP’s blockchain technology to Seoul’s blockchain platform. J.H. Kim, the CEO of ICONLOOP and council member of the ICON Foundation added, “Seoul Blockchain Demonstration Project is expected to serve as a bridge for Seoul’s blockchain platform and S-Coin (Seoul Coin) in the future.”
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019