More than 15 thousand running enthusiasts from 55 countries took part in Danske Bank Vilnius Marathon this year. Almost 4 thousand runners used Lympo Run to track their runs and earn LYM crypto token rewards for successfully completing events.
A wave of interest from marathon participants helped Lympo Run to instantly rise to the top and become the No. 1 health and fitness app in Lithuania on both Google Play and the App Store.
“During the marathon, I’ve had a chance to talk with a few runners who used Lympo Run to track their races. It was incredibly inspiring to finally see people enjoying the app and actually getting rewards for completing challenges. We still have so much ahead of us, but this was truly a beautiful start and a major milestone in Lympo’s journey,” – said Ada Jonuse.
Lympo who incentivizes healthy habits by rewarding people for completing sports challenges, is encouraging healthy living around the world by rewarding people for exercising and leading more active lives. With the help of blockchain technology and fitness gamification, users are paid through the app for completing fitness challenges.
The rewards are issued as LYM crypto tokens and they can be used to purchase sports products, such as sports clothes and sneakers on the Lympo marketplace, right from inside the app. LYM tokens can also be exchanged to euros or dollars on digital currency exchanges.
Being overweight affects up to 70% of European adults, and not only would incentivizing physical activity address this problem by encouraging a more active lifestyle, but the health and fitness products that LYM tokens buy could help more people easier achieve their own personal fitness goals.
Lympo has already closed partnership deals with the sports world elite like the No. 2 women tennis player in the world Caroline Wozniacki and the NBA club Dallas Mavericks.
“It’s a winning combination to offer our runners a new way of motivation for their quest to achieve health goals and have Lympo Run supporting this year’s Danske Bank Vilnius Marathon,” said Race Director Darius Mikulis.
Lympo CEO, Ada Jonuse, is a frequent speaker at blockchain events and has been named an emerging European tech star by the Financial Times, Google and other New Europe 100 list partners. Before co-founding Lympo, Jonuse worked for the United Nations and in the European Parliament. Her primary goal with Lympo is to create an ecosystem where data is used efficiently by all industry stakeholders, and where everyone is rewarded fairly.
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018
- Enjin Smart Wallet Update Will Allow Users To Melt & Send ERC-1155 Tokens - October 26, 2018
- Crypto-Friendly Gallery HOFA Launches in Los Angeles With Qvantum Exhibition - October 26, 2018
- Blockchain Company WePower Announces Plans to Tokenize Estonian Power Grid - October 25, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures, Buys into Crypto Social Network, Minds - October 24, 2018
- Xfinite to release new Blockchain content platform - October 24, 2018
- Omnitude set to transform enterprise business with the move of its ECOM token to Stellar and the introduction of micropayments to users - October 24, 2018
- Nem, Proximax, And Pundi X Join Growing List Of Sportsfix Sponsor Partners - October 23, 2018
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018