A key system update that will begin the process of activating Smart Contracts on the platform’s MainNet, has been announced by decentralised platform Waves, which is offering a complete ecosystem for blockchain developers.
On September 10th, the Waves platform released a new system protocol for its blockchain. This will be the first stage of the launch of Smart Contracts on Waves. The update starts a process of voting for the miners who maintain the network. This process must successfully conclude to activate the new protocol and switch on smart contract functionality for alnetwork users. After reaching the required 80% of the votes, the protocol will be activated a week later. When activation occurs, smart contracts will become available for developers who wish to use them in their projects.
What are Waves Smart Accounts?
The first stage of Waves’ smart contracts launch will bring so-called Smart Accounts to the platform. In simple terms, Smart Accounts are non-Turing complete Smart Contracts: they allow the execution of code on the blockchain, but with deliberate limitations on functionality to avoid unwanted usage scenarios and to increase the reliability of the system.
Smart Accounts will provide the most popular and in-demand features for the crypto community, and will apply to various token operations. The list of features to be deployed includes: Multi-signature wallets, Atomic swaps, Token freezing, Two-Factor Authentication, Whitelist voting, and Data Oracles.
Waves founder and CEO, Sasha Ivanov, commented: ‘We aim to create a user-friendly blockchain platform that will be easy for anyone to use. To achieve this we are trying to look at the system through the typical user’s eyes and understand what he needs most. This is the essence of our approach to Smart Accounts. Importantly, it does not requires any “Gas” for execution, unlike Ethereum. The fees will be the same as for a standard transaction within the network.’
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design - April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency - April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Technology Expected to Grow 66.4% in next 5 Years According to MRFR Research Findings - April 8, 2019
- Japanese Trading Platform Liquid Achieves Unicorn Status through Investments from IDG Capital and Bitmain Technologies - April 8, 2019
- 105 Organizations Announce Commitment to New Blockchain Association INATBA Created by the European Union - April 6, 2019
- Start Up Energy Transition (SET) names Blockchain Company Insolar amongst Top 100 Tech Innovators - April 4, 2019
- Bitwise Asset Management report Claims 95% of Bitcoin Trading Volumes are Fake, Overstating True Size of the Market - March 30, 2019
- Flipside Crypto’s Release of the FCAS25 Mechanism Shows Health of Crypto Industry has been on the Rise through 2018/19. - March 29, 2019
- Digix is launching DigixDao Platform, Joining Ranks of Pioneering Decentralised Autonomous Organisations in Singapore - March 28, 2019
- Quedex on Brink of Becoming World’s First Regulated Crypto-Centric Futures and Options Exchange, after in-principle Decision from GFSC - March 27, 2019
- Ugandan Orphanage able to Sustain Itself through Cryptocurrency Donations from Listeners of National Radio Show - March 26, 2019
- Blockchain-based Entertainment Platform ‘Blue Baikal’ opens Pre-Registration Event Connecting Producers, Influencers and Consumers - March 26, 2019
- French Crypto-Friendly Pacte Law Passes Second Reading in National Assembly, Senate Next - March 25, 2019
- Bamboo Capital Partners, Government of Togo and Moeda Seeds Bank Join to Launch the Bloc fund to Consolidate Social Development - March 25, 2019
- Western Union Joins Stellar Partner Thunes to Use Blockchain to Speed Up Transfers - March 25, 2019
- Dragonchain Announces Partnership with Humanitarian Organization M2030, Facilitating Donation Processes with Blockchain to Fight Malaria - March 21, 2019
- PUBLIQ Named Finalist by UK Parliamentary Group for Blockchain Application in Media Category - March 20, 2019