A key system update that will begin the process of activating Smart Contracts on the platform’s MainNet, has been announced by decentralised platform Waves, which is offering a complete ecosystem for blockchain developers.
On September 10th, the Waves platform released a new system protocol for its blockchain. This will be the first stage of the launch of Smart Contracts on Waves. The update starts a process of voting for the miners who maintain the network. This process must successfully conclude to activate the new protocol and switch on smart contract functionality for alnetwork users. After reaching the required 80% of the votes, the protocol will be activated a week later. When activation occurs, smart contracts will become available for developers who wish to use them in their projects.
What are Waves Smart Accounts?
The first stage of Waves’ smart contracts launch will bring so-called Smart Accounts to the platform. In simple terms, Smart Accounts are non-Turing complete Smart Contracts: they allow the execution of code on the blockchain, but with deliberate limitations on functionality to avoid unwanted usage scenarios and to increase the reliability of the system.
Smart Accounts will provide the most popular and in-demand features for the crypto community, and will apply to various token operations. The list of features to be deployed includes: Multi-signature wallets, Atomic swaps, Token freezing, Two-Factor Authentication, Whitelist voting, and Data Oracles.
Waves founder and CEO, Sasha Ivanov, commented: ‘We aim to create a user-friendly blockchain platform that will be easy for anyone to use. To achieve this we are trying to look at the system through the typical user’s eyes and understand what he needs most. This is the essence of our approach to Smart Accounts. Importantly, it does not requires any “Gas” for execution, unlike Ethereum. The fees will be the same as for a standard transaction within the network.’
- Transform Group CEO Michael Terpin Named one of the Most Respected ICO Advisors and Influencers - November 10, 2018
- WISeKey Announces Release of WISePhone, the First Ever Secure Android Blockchain Phone with Cryptocurrency Payment Capabilities - November 9, 2018
- WISeKey Announces WISfans, a Platform that Deters Counterfeiting of Branded Sports merchandise and Connects Clubs with their Fans - November 8, 2018
- Radiant Earth Foundation teams up with Blockchain software company ConsenSys to Make Geospatial Data More Accessible - November 8, 2018
- A Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against India Globalization Capital, Inc. by Gainey and McKenna & Egleston - November 7, 2018
- Blockchain used to empower African smallholder farmers to enter the global food market - November 6, 2018
- Blockchain Company Reveals a Powerful Fitness App Aiming to Reward Workouts with Tokens. - November 2, 2018
- WeedMD and Blockstrain launch Proprietary Genome Tracking Software to Protect Cannabis Genetics & Intellectual Property - October 25, 2018
- Richard Branson’s Extreme Tech Challenge announces 2018 Winner of its fourth annual Competition on Necker Island - October 25, 2018
- Investx stabilizes Token by adopting Holo’s Ethical ICO model - October 25, 2018
- MIT Silvio Micali’s Algorand announces $62M in Funding and Appoints new Executive Team - October 24, 2018
- Partnership between Charity Game Master and SilverLogic Marks Beginning of a Worldwide Charity Health Network - October 22, 2018
- Blockchain-enabled supply chain platform ensures legal flow of products through the Canadian cannabis market - October 19, 2018
- New Documentary Funded by Crypto Shows People’s Problems and Tangible Solutions through Blockchain - October 19, 2018
- Number of Blockchain Startups have Tripled In Israel - October 18, 2018
- Report sheds new Light on Participation or Involvement of Celebrities in Blockchain and ICOs - October 18, 2018
- Record Rate of New Crypto Hedge Fund Launches in 2018 - October 17, 2018
- Woz U and BlockGeeks Announce New Partnership, offering Career Training with Expertise in Blockchain Technology. - October 15, 2018
- VNX Exchange announces Partnership with NEM, Bridging the Gap between the Mainstream Financial Industry and the Crypto-economy - October 12, 2018
- Health Data Tokenization could Transform the Future of Healthcare - October 12, 2018