A key system update that will begin the process of activating Smart Contracts on the platform’s MainNet, has been announced by decentralised platform Waves, which is offering a complete ecosystem for blockchain developers.
On September 10th, the Waves platform released a new system protocol for its blockchain. This will be the first stage of the launch of Smart Contracts on Waves. The update starts a process of voting for the miners who maintain the network. This process must successfully conclude to activate the new protocol and switch on smart contract functionality for alnetwork users. After reaching the required 80% of the votes, the protocol will be activated a week later. When activation occurs, smart contracts will become available for developers who wish to use them in their projects.
What are Waves Smart Accounts?
The first stage of Waves’ smart contracts launch will bring so-called Smart Accounts to the platform. In simple terms, Smart Accounts are non-Turing complete Smart Contracts: they allow the execution of code on the blockchain, but with deliberate limitations on functionality to avoid unwanted usage scenarios and to increase the reliability of the system.
Smart Accounts will provide the most popular and in-demand features for the crypto community, and will apply to various token operations. The list of features to be deployed includes: Multi-signature wallets, Atomic swaps, Token freezing, Two-Factor Authentication, Whitelist voting, and Data Oracles.
Waves founder and CEO, Sasha Ivanov, commented: ‘We aim to create a user-friendly blockchain platform that will be easy for anyone to use. To achieve this we are trying to look at the system through the typical user’s eyes and understand what he needs most. This is the essence of our approach to Smart Accounts. Importantly, it does not requires any “Gas” for execution, unlike Ethereum. The fees will be the same as for a standard transaction within the network.’
- Coinstar to Give Consumers a Convenient and Easy Way to Buy Bitcoin at Coinstar®Kiosks - January 18, 2019
- Tech Firm IBM and MineHub Join to Build Blockchain-Based Platform for More Efficient Metals & Mining Supply Chain Solution - January 17, 2019
- Former Director of Mobile for TripAdvisor and Viator Joins KeyoCoin Team to Help Build Intuitive Mobile Booking Platform - January 10, 2019
- Project PAI Blockchain Protocol and Blockfolio Signal Beta, Create Platform for AI-Powered 3D Avatars - December 17, 2018
- Nigerian Start-up Announces Revolutionary Global Decentralized Health Platform With A Distributed Blockchain - December 15, 2018
- CEO of Panxora Warns: ‘Draconian’ Regulatory Measures Could Risk Losing Control of Crypto in US - December 13, 2018
- Lancor Scientific Links Use of a Digital Token to Global Blockchain-based Cancer Screening Registry - December 13, 2018
- 4-part Documentary series about the Technology Behind Cryptocurrency Premieres online - December 10, 2018
- Local Community in Belgium wants to Unite all Positive Forces with Province-wide LumbU coin - December 9, 2018
- Filmio about to Take Filmmaking into the Future with Tokenized Entertainment Ecosystem - December 7, 2018
- December Cryptocurrency Predictions Report is Cautiously Positive, while some Coins Continue to drop, Others are Expected to Recover - December 6, 2018
- “Blockchain for Europe” Launched by Leading Global Blockchain Companies - December 4, 2018
- G20 leaders call for taxation system of cryptocurrency - December 3, 2018
- Grand Finale Week of Block.one’s EOS Global Hackathon Kicks Off in Cape Town, set to award US$500,000 to winning team - December 3, 2018
- UTRUST announces Partnership with Payrexx to Change European Crypto-Payment Landscape to User Friendly Platform - November 29, 2018
- SportsFix to launch 150,000 Crypto Wallets with ProximaX - November 27, 2018
- London Block Exchange and AlphaPoint Mined First Digital Pound Sterling Ever - November 27, 2018
- Swytch announces Launch of Secure AI-Powered Renewable Energy Platform on Blockchain - November 26, 2018
- All Star Team Announces WHIRL, a Socially Driven ‘Pay it Forward’ Crowdfunding Platform Built on the Blockchain - November 22, 2018
- A Review of this weeks Market Collapse, this was one of the Most Dramatic Daily Selloffs in The Entire Year. - November 21, 2018