Cryptocurrency payment solution Utrust publicly declared partnership with Ethereum Classic Dev Team. After signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), ETCDEV will work together with UTRUST to integrate ETC into the UTRUST platform, assisted by the Ethereum Classic Cooperative.
The partnership between ETCDEV and UTRUST is happening at a time when demand for ETC is rising rapidly. The recent integration of ETC by Coinbase, the world’s largest cryptocurrency brokerage, wallet, and custodian is responsible for this.
Additionally, the decision of the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to declare Bitcoin and Ethereum as non-securities, cleared Ethereum Classic from potentially being considered a security. As such, merchants can freely accept ETC as an alternative payment method to fiat and consumers can use it knowing that the utilization of ETC cannot be considered as an act of illegally distributing securities.
“Ethereum Classic is one of a select few cryptocurrencies, along with Bitcoin and Ethereum, with clear institutional demand,” said Nuno Correia, CEO and co-founder of UTRUST.
Earlier this year, Grayscale Investments, the $2 billion investment arm of Digital Currency Group, launched Ethereum Classic Investment Trust, enabling retail traders and institutions in the regulated US market to invest in Ethereum Classic. With it, Grayscale Investments allocated $90 million into ETC, demonstrating confidence in the long-term adoption rate of ETC as a leading cryptocurrency.
Correia added, “While blockchain payments have undoubtedly disrupted financial transactions, at UTRUST we believe it’s our responsibility to add a much-needed layer of consumer protection, as well as instant transactions and low fees, for anyone who wants to utilize Ethereum Classic for payments.”
UTRUST acts as a third-party mediator, holding funds, if necessary, until the seller delivers the product or service. In addition, the company protects buyers and sellers from market volatility, by converting cryptocurrencies to fiat or a stable coin.
- ConsenSys and WWF Panda Labs Team up on Project Impactio To Drive and Fund Social Innovation - October 2, 2019
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019