Cryptocurrency payment solution Utrust publicly declared partnership with Ethereum Classic Dev Team. After signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), ETCDEV will work together with UTRUST to integrate ETC into the UTRUST platform, assisted by the Ethereum Classic Cooperative.
The partnership between ETCDEV and UTRUST is happening at a time when demand for ETC is rising rapidly. The recent integration of ETC by Coinbase, the world’s largest cryptocurrency brokerage, wallet, and custodian is responsible for this.
Additionally, the decision of the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to declare Bitcoin and Ethereum as non-securities, cleared Ethereum Classic from potentially being considered a security. As such, merchants can freely accept ETC as an alternative payment method to fiat and consumers can use it knowing that the utilization of ETC cannot be considered as an act of illegally distributing securities.
“Ethereum Classic is one of a select few cryptocurrencies, along with Bitcoin and Ethereum, with clear institutional demand,” said Nuno Correia, CEO and co-founder of UTRUST.
Earlier this year, Grayscale Investments, the $2 billion investment arm of Digital Currency Group, launched Ethereum Classic Investment Trust, enabling retail traders and institutions in the regulated US market to invest in Ethereum Classic. With it, Grayscale Investments allocated $90 million into ETC, demonstrating confidence in the long-term adoption rate of ETC as a leading cryptocurrency.
Correia added, “While blockchain payments have undoubtedly disrupted financial transactions, at UTRUST we believe it’s our responsibility to add a much-needed layer of consumer protection, as well as instant transactions and low fees, for anyone who wants to utilize Ethereum Classic for payments.”
UTRUST acts as a third-party mediator, holding funds, if necessary, until the seller delivers the product or service. In addition, the company protects buyers and sellers from market volatility, by converting cryptocurrencies to fiat or a stable coin.
- 4-part Documentary series about the Technology Behind Cryptocurrency Premieres online - December 10, 2018
- Local Community in Belgium wants to Unite all Positive Forces with Province-wide LumbU coin - December 9, 2018
- Filmio about to Take Filmmaking into the Future with Tokenized Entertainment Ecosystem - December 7, 2018
- December Cryptocurrency Predictions Report is Cautiously Positive, while some Coins Continue to drop, Others are Expected to Recover - December 6, 2018
- “Blockchain for Europe” Launched by Leading Global Blockchain Companies - December 4, 2018
- G20 leaders call for taxation system of cryptocurrency - December 3, 2018
- Grand Finale Week of Block.one’s EOS Global Hackathon Kicks Off in Cape Town, set to award US$500,000 to winning team - December 3, 2018
- UTRUST announces Partnership with Payrexx to Change European Crypto-Payment Landscape to User Friendly Platform - November 29, 2018
- SportsFix to launch 150,000 Crypto Wallets with ProximaX - November 27, 2018
- London Block Exchange and AlphaPoint Mined First Digital Pound Sterling Ever - November 27, 2018
- Swytch announces Launch of Secure AI-Powered Renewable Energy Platform on Blockchain - November 26, 2018
- All Star Team Announces WHIRL, a Socially Driven ‘Pay it Forward’ Crowdfunding Platform Built on the Blockchain - November 22, 2018
- A Review of this weeks Market Collapse, this was one of the Most Dramatic Daily Selloffs in The Entire Year. - November 21, 2018
- Blockchain New Foundation of Democracy? Blockchain Based Voting app VOATZ could Lead the Way - November 20, 2018
- Switcheo Network Launches First Exchange to Support both NEO and Ethereum blockchains. - November 20, 2018
- Datametrex and Nexalogy Environics develop Fake News Detection Filter - November 19, 2018
- Kinesis Money and Allocated Bullion Exchange seek to create a commercial blockchain venture with Jakarta Futures Exchange in Indonesia - November 16, 2018
- Transform Group CEO Michael Terpin Named one of the Most Respected ICO Advisors and Influencers - November 10, 2018
- WISeKey Announces Release of WISePhone, the First Ever Secure Android Blockchain Phone with Cryptocurrency Payment Capabilities - November 9, 2018
- WISeKey Announces WISfans, a Platform that Deters Counterfeiting of Branded Sports merchandise and Connects Clubs with their Fans - November 8, 2018