The operator of a solution for developing and running decentralized apps, called Crowd Machine, has revealed details of how Crowd Machine Compute Token owners (CMCT) will be able to gain a regular return from October on, for renting their tokens to Crowd Machine’s decentralized network, the Crowd Computer.
To date, Crowd Machine has released to market approximately 500 million Crowd Machine Compute Tokens (CMCT) as the ‘gas’ to pay for app execution on the Crowd Computer.
App owners buy CMCT to pay Crowd Machine to run their apps on the Crowd Computer. Crowd Machine pays Crowd Computer super nodes (Agoric Nodes) in CMCT to execute app activities on their network of worker nodes. Workers nodes (Activity Compute Nodes or ACNs) are set up by anyone with spare capacity on an internet-connected device, such as a mobile phone, laptop or desktop PC, to earn CMCT for running app activities in the background of normal operation.
To start generating income for running apps on the Crowd Computer, Agoric Nodes need a minimum operating reserve of CMCT, which can be rented from the pooling program. In exchange for contributing a set amount of their tokens to the pool, CMCT owners will receive a quarterly return.
Craig Sproule, CEO of Crowd Machine, said that the CMCT pooling program gives token holders an easy way to generate income from their tokens, and add more fuel to the Crowd Machine community busy creating, selling and running apps.
“Where an individual may not be in a financial position to provide sufficient CMCT to run an Agoric Node themselves, pooling still allows them to gain an income from their tokens”, Sproule said. “In decentralizing the technology that helps us run our lives, we’re democratizing the ability to generate wealth from the IT industry.”
CMCT owners are welcome to contribute from 1000 to 5 million CMCT to the pooling program, which is being limited to 200 million CMCT in the first year. Crowd Machine has a fixed supply of 2 billion CMCT, of which approximately 500 million has been released to market.
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019
- With Hoard, Video Game Developers Will Now Have the Ability to Seamlessly Integrate Games with Ethereum - May 1, 2019
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019