The man behind the shareholder Value fund, one of the first activism hedge funds in Hong Kong for CM Asset Management, has decided to embrace blockchain technology. He has done so with SuperNode Community (SNC), a decentralized blockchain ecosystem to democratize the traditional venture capital (VC) model for startups.
“Blockchain’s potential in the venture capital game is there, but has yet to be realized. By streamlining the end-to-end seed incubation process, we envision that SNC will become the gateway to truly democratize access to opportunities in the venture capital space that have typically been out of reach for those who are not sophisticated institutional investors or high-net-worth individuals,” said Bing Lin, SNC’s Founder and CEO with more than 16 years experience in managing funds of up to US$2 billion.
SNC’s ecosystem aims to be the solution to the highly centralized VC model by allowing for participants beyond the traditional network to access a larger number of promising startups.Through this ecosystem, better incubation decisions can be made by leveraging on crowd wisdom. Not only will SNC help promising blockchain companies tap into much-needed capital, it will also provide incubation support for projects from idea to execution.
“Naturally, in the fragmented Asian market, VCs face significant hurdles around finding quality early stage deals. Performing due diligence on projects can also be a challenge as qualifying blockchain solutions often requires in-depth expertise in the domain. SNC’s holistic solution tackles both these pain points and helps to instill confidence by using an ecosystem-approach,” said Ryan Sungho Kim, Partner of VC, Hashed.
Through a voting mechanism, SNC’s participants can back domain experts known as “SuperNodes” to act on their behalf to perform initial due diligence and vet blockchain startups applying for funding. Finally an Incubation Committee made up of 21 SuperNodes will then jointly decide on whether a project will be approved for incubation. Once chosen, funds will be allocated and distributed through SNC’s Foundation.
- Project PAI Blockchain Protocol and Blockfolio Signal Beta, Create Platform for AI-Powered 3D Avatars - December 17, 2018
- Nigerian Start-up Announces Revolutionary Global Decentralized Health Platform With A Distributed Blockchain - December 15, 2018
- CEO of Panxora Warns: ‘Draconian’ Regulatory Measures Could Risk Losing Control of Crypto in US - December 13, 2018
- Lancor Scientific Links Use of a Digital Token to Global Blockchain-based Cancer Screening Registry - December 13, 2018
- 4-part Documentary series about the Technology Behind Cryptocurrency Premieres online - December 10, 2018
- Local Community in Belgium wants to Unite all Positive Forces with Province-wide LumbU coin - December 9, 2018
- Filmio about to Take Filmmaking into the Future with Tokenized Entertainment Ecosystem - December 7, 2018
- December Cryptocurrency Predictions Report is Cautiously Positive, while some Coins Continue to drop, Others are Expected to Recover - December 6, 2018
- “Blockchain for Europe” Launched by Leading Global Blockchain Companies - December 4, 2018
- G20 leaders call for taxation system of cryptocurrency - December 3, 2018
- Grand Finale Week of Block.one’s EOS Global Hackathon Kicks Off in Cape Town, set to award US$500,000 to winning team - December 3, 2018
- UTRUST announces Partnership with Payrexx to Change European Crypto-Payment Landscape to User Friendly Platform - November 29, 2018
- SportsFix to launch 150,000 Crypto Wallets with ProximaX - November 27, 2018
- London Block Exchange and AlphaPoint Mined First Digital Pound Sterling Ever - November 27, 2018
- Swytch announces Launch of Secure AI-Powered Renewable Energy Platform on Blockchain - November 26, 2018
- All Star Team Announces WHIRL, a Socially Driven ‘Pay it Forward’ Crowdfunding Platform Built on the Blockchain - November 22, 2018
- A Review of this weeks Market Collapse, this was one of the Most Dramatic Daily Selloffs in The Entire Year. - November 21, 2018
- Blockchain New Foundation of Democracy? Blockchain Based Voting app VOATZ could Lead the Way - November 20, 2018
- Switcheo Network Launches First Exchange to Support both NEO and Ethereum blockchains. - November 20, 2018
- Datametrex and Nexalogy Environics develop Fake News Detection Filter - November 19, 2018