The man behind the shareholder Value fund, one of the first activism hedge funds in Hong Kong for CM Asset Management, has decided to embrace blockchain technology. He has done so with SuperNode Community (SNC), a decentralized blockchain ecosystem to democratize the traditional venture capital (VC) model for startups.
“Blockchain’s potential in the venture capital game is there, but has yet to be realized. By streamlining the end-to-end seed incubation process, we envision that SNC will become the gateway to truly democratize access to opportunities in the venture capital space that have typically been out of reach for those who are not sophisticated institutional investors or high-net-worth individuals,” said Bing Lin, SNC’s Founder and CEO with more than 16 years experience in managing funds of up to US$2 billion.
SNC’s ecosystem aims to be the solution to the highly centralized VC model by allowing for participants beyond the traditional network to access a larger number of promising startups.Through this ecosystem, better incubation decisions can be made by leveraging on crowd wisdom. Not only will SNC help promising blockchain companies tap into much-needed capital, it will also provide incubation support for projects from idea to execution.
“Naturally, in the fragmented Asian market, VCs face significant hurdles around finding quality early stage deals. Performing due diligence on projects can also be a challenge as qualifying blockchain solutions often requires in-depth expertise in the domain. SNC’s holistic solution tackles both these pain points and helps to instill confidence by using an ecosystem-approach,” said Ryan Sungho Kim, Partner of VC, Hashed.
Through a voting mechanism, SNC’s participants can back domain experts known as “SuperNodes” to act on their behalf to perform initial due diligence and vet blockchain startups applying for funding. Finally an Incubation Committee made up of 21 SuperNodes will then jointly decide on whether a project will be approved for incubation. Once chosen, funds will be allocated and distributed through SNC’s Foundation.
- ConsenSys and WWF Panda Labs Team up on Project Impactio To Drive and Fund Social Innovation - October 2, 2019
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019