Lon Wong, founding member of NEM.io Foundation and CEO of ProximaX, has joined up with Blockchain Over the Top (OTT) project SportsFix as their new Chief Technology Advisor.
“SportsFix demonstrates how blockchain syncs with conventional business,” Wong explains his reason advising SportsFix. “I am happy to support this novel transition, the traditional OTT platform will soon utilize the use of a consensus mechanism from its members to access video content.”
Lon Wong is a long-time advocate of blockchain technology. He is the CEO of ProximaX, an advanced extension of the Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT), and served as the first president and a founding member of one of the world’s largest open-source blockchain technology project, NEM.io Foundation, Ltd.
Having 30 years experience building businesses, from engineering consultancy to software applications, Wong’s professional career has always been focusing on architecture technology and innovations.
Approaching their Token Sale, which goes live on October 9, SportsFix says they are excited to have Lon Wong as our Chief Technology Advisor, in a recent press release.
SportsFix CEO Carl Kirchhoff welcomed Lon Wong:
“Having Lon Wong on board to help build the SportsFix Protocol is exciting. With his guidance and experience, we will be able to leapfrog legacy infrastructure and models, leveraging latest Decentralized Ledger and Blockchain Technology.”
“The capitalization of blockchain on a community-driven streaming platform is one of the ideal pathways to introduce the technology for mass market utilization. In SportsFix case, it is implementation of their digital rights management and content distribution.”
SportsFix is developing the ultimate self-contained token ecosystem, for sports content, namely the SportsFix Digital StadiumTM. Backed by blockchain technology, the community-based platform allows every sports fan to watch, engage, and be rewarded by their favorite clubs and communities across the globe.
SportsFix’ Digital Rights Management grants users tokenized viewing entitlements. The digital rights management system utilizes blockchain viewership ledger as a storage to automate the release of each sports content within SportsFix Digital StadiumTM Economy.
SportsFix is a leading OTT platform in South East Asia and is expanding its reach throughout Asia. The beta platform of Digital StadiumTM has been delivering some of Southeast Asia’s most popular sports content from Liga 1 Gojek, Serie A, world’s premier kickboxing GLORY, to world’s most prestigious badminton tournament, the all-year BWF tournaments.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019