Because of a new condensed report from Worldcore, a European fintech company and cryptoexchange, we can now all have a glimpse within the world of glitz and glamour and the how the rich and famous are attempting to make money through the discovery of the cryptoindustry.
It’s no secret that when you have lots of cash, you begin worrying about two global issues. The first is how to make even more money out of your money, and the second — how to have the best possible time while spending your money.
A year ago, the capitalization of the cryptocurrency market, which has increased thirty-fold, has taken the blockchain industry into the mainstream and into the limelight. Many pairs of curious celebrity eyes turned their attention to both the general enthusiasm of market participants, as well as the then-huge revenues promised by the developers of various ICOs. Without attempting to figure it out, they tried to invest or even join the developer teams to promote their product. It comes as no surprise that, without the specific knowledge to evaluate the product on their own, the stars trusted many teams opinions and got it across to their audience. And now, as we have made a little leap in time, we know that this has not always been the best approach.
According to Worldcore CEO Alexey Nasonov, all celebrities promoting cryptoproducts can be provisionally divided into two categories: one, project participants who’d joined the team in one way or another, or two, ‘paid posters’ receiving money for promoting ICOs amongst their followers or even fans. As a result, companies have been targeting several famous personas, who appealed to investors in one way or another, to invest in various projects.
John McAfee. A cryptolegend, cryptocrusader and celebrity. Engages in paid ICO promotions, but first, as he claims, performs a scoring analysis through CryptoConnection, a partner company. In fact, 97-98% of the projects are filtered out as unreliable, and the rest are promoted via John’s Twitter account for a modest amount of $100,000 each.
Many other celebrities like, Ashton Kutcher, Jamie Fox, Steven Seagal and Paris Hilton have been heavily engaging themselves in the world of ICOs and crypto, but Worldcore still could not to find essential differences of the projects that celebrities participated in, from the projects they promoted for money. The stars’ participation did not make a difference at all– all of the projects promoted by stars turned out to be flops.
However, Worldcore did note that the US Securities Commission issued a statement prohibiting public personas from promoting ICOs without a mention of their financial interest in the project being advertised. This could be the first step towards market transparency.
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019