As the Canadian Government’s Cannabis Act finally legalized Cannabis on October 17, 2018, Greenstream is poised to provide a comprehensive technology solution to the Canadian Cannabis industry. This might just be a very lucrative ‘niche’ in the market now that Canada virtually sold out of weed merely one day after lifting the prohibition.
Greenstream is developing and commercializing a blockchain-enabled supply chain integrity platform to ensure the safe, legal and authenticated flow of products and value through the cannabis market. It has made significant progress on the development of its technology and related infrastructure since its acquisition by BLOK Tech in January 2018.
“We are pleased with the progress of the Greenstream Network as the industry moves towards full legalization,” said BLOK Tech CEO Rob Dawson. “Greenstream is developing and will commercialize a multi-component payment and supply chain integrity system to ensure the industry can effectively operate in this complex regulatory environment with multiple jurisdictions in Canada and beyond.”
In August 2018, Greenstream successfully completed a deployment of its payments network and applications to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, as part of the previously announced strategic relationship with Oracle on July 11, 2018.
The deployment has been fully tested and optimized by the Greenstream technical team and the platform, including a demo environment, are running smoothly and at a speed that is scalable. This represents a key milestone in the platform’s development in that it is operating in multiple environments, including the world-class infrastructure provided by Oracle. It provides a proof-point for the technical excellence of the system and assurance to the Cannabis industry that the Greenstream Network is enterprise-ready. It is further proof that Greenstream is a key step closer to having an enterprise-grade platform for integration with major customers through the Oracle Scaleup Ecosystem.
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design - April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency - April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Technology Expected to Grow 66.4% in next 5 Years According to MRFR Research Findings - April 8, 2019
- Japanese Trading Platform Liquid Achieves Unicorn Status through Investments from IDG Capital and Bitmain Technologies - April 8, 2019
- 105 Organizations Announce Commitment to New Blockchain Association INATBA Created by the European Union - April 6, 2019
- Start Up Energy Transition (SET) names Blockchain Company Insolar amongst Top 100 Tech Innovators - April 4, 2019
- Bitwise Asset Management report Claims 95% of Bitcoin Trading Volumes are Fake, Overstating True Size of the Market - March 30, 2019
- Flipside Crypto’s Release of the FCAS25 Mechanism Shows Health of Crypto Industry has been on the Rise through 2018/19. - March 29, 2019
- Digix is launching DigixDao Platform, Joining Ranks of Pioneering Decentralised Autonomous Organisations in Singapore - March 28, 2019
- Quedex on Brink of Becoming World’s First Regulated Crypto-Centric Futures and Options Exchange, after in-principle Decision from GFSC - March 27, 2019
- Ugandan Orphanage able to Sustain Itself through Cryptocurrency Donations from Listeners of National Radio Show - March 26, 2019
- Blockchain-based Entertainment Platform ‘Blue Baikal’ opens Pre-Registration Event Connecting Producers, Influencers and Consumers - March 26, 2019
- French Crypto-Friendly Pacte Law Passes Second Reading in National Assembly, Senate Next - March 25, 2019
- Bamboo Capital Partners, Government of Togo and Moeda Seeds Bank Join to Launch the Bloc fund to Consolidate Social Development - March 25, 2019
- Western Union Joins Stellar Partner Thunes to Use Blockchain to Speed Up Transfers - March 25, 2019
- Dragonchain Announces Partnership with Humanitarian Organization M2030, Facilitating Donation Processes with Blockchain to Fight Malaria - March 21, 2019