As the Canadian Government’s Cannabis Act finally legalized Cannabis on October 17, 2018, Greenstream is poised to provide a comprehensive technology solution to the Canadian Cannabis industry. This might just be a very lucrative ‘niche’ in the market now that Canada virtually sold out of weed merely one day after lifting the prohibition.
Greenstream is developing and commercializing a blockchain-enabled supply chain integrity platform to ensure the safe, legal and authenticated flow of products and value through the cannabis market. It has made significant progress on the development of its technology and related infrastructure since its acquisition by BLOK Tech in January 2018.
“We are pleased with the progress of the Greenstream Network as the industry moves towards full legalization,” said BLOK Tech CEO Rob Dawson. “Greenstream is developing and will commercialize a multi-component payment and supply chain integrity system to ensure the industry can effectively operate in this complex regulatory environment with multiple jurisdictions in Canada and beyond.”
In August 2018, Greenstream successfully completed a deployment of its payments network and applications to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, as part of the previously announced strategic relationship with Oracle on July 11, 2018.
The deployment has been fully tested and optimized by the Greenstream technical team and the platform, including a demo environment, are running smoothly and at a speed that is scalable. This represents a key milestone in the platform’s development in that it is operating in multiple environments, including the world-class infrastructure provided by Oracle. It provides a proof-point for the technical excellence of the system and assurance to the Cannabis industry that the Greenstream Network is enterprise-ready. It is further proof that Greenstream is a key step closer to having an enterprise-grade platform for integration with major customers through the Oracle Scaleup Ecosystem.
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019
- With Hoard, Video Game Developers Will Now Have the Ability to Seamlessly Integrate Games with Ethereum - May 1, 2019
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019