As the Canadian Government’s Cannabis Act finally legalized Cannabis on October 17, 2018, Greenstream is poised to provide a comprehensive technology solution to the Canadian Cannabis industry. This might just be a very lucrative ‘niche’ in the market now that Canada virtually sold out of weed merely one day after lifting the prohibition.
Greenstream is developing and commercializing a blockchain-enabled supply chain integrity platform to ensure the safe, legal and authenticated flow of products and value through the cannabis market. It has made significant progress on the development of its technology and related infrastructure since its acquisition by BLOK Tech in January 2018.
“We are pleased with the progress of the Greenstream Network as the industry moves towards full legalization,” said BLOK Tech CEO Rob Dawson. “Greenstream is developing and will commercialize a multi-component payment and supply chain integrity system to ensure the industry can effectively operate in this complex regulatory environment with multiple jurisdictions in Canada and beyond.”
In August 2018, Greenstream successfully completed a deployment of its payments network and applications to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, as part of the previously announced strategic relationship with Oracle on July 11, 2018.
The deployment has been fully tested and optimized by the Greenstream technical team and the platform, including a demo environment, are running smoothly and at a speed that is scalable. This represents a key milestone in the platform’s development in that it is operating in multiple environments, including the world-class infrastructure provided by Oracle. It provides a proof-point for the technical excellence of the system and assurance to the Cannabis industry that the Greenstream Network is enterprise-ready. It is further proof that Greenstream is a key step closer to having an enterprise-grade platform for integration with major customers through the Oracle Scaleup Ecosystem.
- Eurasian Resources Group is Piloting Blockchain Based Solution on the IBM Blockchain Platform - January 21, 2019
- Coinstar to Give Consumers a Convenient and Easy Way to Buy Bitcoin at Coinstar®Kiosks - January 18, 2019
- Tech Firm IBM and MineHub Join to Build Blockchain-Based Platform for More Efficient Metals & Mining Supply Chain Solution - January 17, 2019
- Former Director of Mobile for TripAdvisor and Viator Joins KeyoCoin Team to Help Build Intuitive Mobile Booking Platform - January 10, 2019
- Project PAI Blockchain Protocol and Blockfolio Signal Beta, Create Platform for AI-Powered 3D Avatars - December 17, 2018
- Nigerian Start-up Announces Revolutionary Global Decentralized Health Platform With A Distributed Blockchain - December 15, 2018
- CEO of Panxora Warns: ‘Draconian’ Regulatory Measures Could Risk Losing Control of Crypto in US - December 13, 2018
- Lancor Scientific Links Use of a Digital Token to Global Blockchain-based Cancer Screening Registry - December 13, 2018
- 4-part Documentary series about the Technology Behind Cryptocurrency Premieres online - December 10, 2018
- Local Community in Belgium wants to Unite all Positive Forces with Province-wide LumbU coin - December 9, 2018
- Filmio about to Take Filmmaking into the Future with Tokenized Entertainment Ecosystem - December 7, 2018
- December Cryptocurrency Predictions Report is Cautiously Positive, while some Coins Continue to drop, Others are Expected to Recover - December 6, 2018
- “Blockchain for Europe” Launched by Leading Global Blockchain Companies - December 4, 2018
- G20 leaders call for taxation system of cryptocurrency - December 3, 2018
- Grand Finale Week of Block.one’s EOS Global Hackathon Kicks Off in Cape Town, set to award US$500,000 to winning team - December 3, 2018
- UTRUST announces Partnership with Payrexx to Change European Crypto-Payment Landscape to User Friendly Platform - November 29, 2018
- SportsFix to launch 150,000 Crypto Wallets with ProximaX - November 27, 2018
- London Block Exchange and AlphaPoint Mined First Digital Pound Sterling Ever - November 27, 2018
- Swytch announces Launch of Secure AI-Powered Renewable Energy Platform on Blockchain - November 26, 2018
- All Star Team Announces WHIRL, a Socially Driven ‘Pay it Forward’ Crowdfunding Platform Built on the Blockchain - November 22, 2018