Switcheo Network, the first non-custodian cryptocurrency exchange on the NEO blockchain, has just gone live on Ethereum. The launch, also dubbed Callisto, has made Switcheo, recognized for its intuitive user interface, the first non-custodian exchange to support both NEO and Ethereum blockchains.
Unlike most non-custodian exchanges, Switcheo is allowing new traders to onboard themselves. Co-founded by traders – Ivan Poon, Henry Chua and Jack Yeu, Switcheo once began as a solution to the common problems of centralized exchanges – Security, User Anonymity and Trust.
“The rollout of Callisto is a significant milestone for us. Our users can now trade on two different blockchains while retaining ownership of their funds,” explained Poon. “They will no longer need to create trading accounts on different exchanges, thus lessening their risks of getting hacked.”
“Switcheo Exchange was built to facilitate the transfer of digital assets across different blockchains securely without a trusted third party,” says Switcheo’s Chief Executive Officer, Ivan Poon.
The exchange certainly has come a long way since their successful launch on the NEO blockchain March this year, where daily trading volume peaked at $3 million USD with over 25300 traders.
Switcheo’s integration unto Ethereum signifies the beginning to a completely new era.
“We are currently in the development phase of enabling blockchains’ interoperability to activate cross-chain trading,” shares Poon. “Because each blockchain runs on its own unique protocol and, there is no current technology that facilitate their interaction with one another.”
With no predecessors, Switcheo’s innovation will be the first of its kind in the blockchain industry. Poon further reveals that Switcheo will build a specialized blockchain to facilitate trustless cross-chain transfers in the future.
Switcheo’s evolution to cross-chain integration through building its own blockchain will ultimately put them head-to-head with larger centralized exchange, having the potential to challenge conventional financial institutions through its ability to list tokens across multiple blockchains on a single non-custodian exchange.
Following the launch, Switcheo will list over 22 new trading pairs, including tokens from notable Ethereum projects such as the stable-coin Maker (MKR), OmiseGO (OMG), Basic Attention Token (BAT) and more.
- Blockchain in healthcare market is Expected to Reach $890.5 Million by 2023 due to Increasing Number of Partnerships and Collaborations - February 12, 2019
- Coinify Introduces myCoinify, a B2C service For Individual Traders - February 12, 2019
- Yosemite X has Announced the First Open Source Public Blockchain that Operates without a Native Cryptocurrency - February 8, 2019
- Global Investment Advisory Company says much more Stable STO might merge with, or Entirely Replace IPO - February 8, 2019
- The Chamber of Digital Commerce and Blockchain Association of Canada Join for a Stronger and more Coordinated Blockchain Ecosystem - February 6, 2019
- US Merchants can now Accept Crypytocurrency Payments from their Customers, With Fee Free Cryptocurrency Point of Sale Payment Ecosystem - February 6, 2019
- Former Last.fm’s founder shakes up user privacy access with new Slant on blockchain technology - January 31, 2019
- New Report by BlockchainDefender Links Lack of Trust in Cryptocurrency Industry to Dwindling Coin Prices - January 31, 2019
- VX Network introduces a new Crypto Based, Monopoly-Style Board Game called Crypto Marble - January 30, 2019
- China Ranked first in World of Blockchain and AI Patents Being Filed – USA Runner-up - January 24, 2019
- Block.one Releases EOSIO 1.6.0, Transaction Processing Speeds Could Increase up to 35% - January 24, 2019
- First Cannabis Validation Testing Program Reaches Markets to Create Much Needed Transparency - January 23, 2019
- Eurasian Resources Group is Piloting Blockchain Based Solution on the IBM Blockchain Platform - January 21, 2019
- Coinstar to Give Consumers a Convenient and Easy Way to Buy Bitcoin at Coinstar®Kiosks - January 18, 2019
- Tech Firm IBM and MineHub Join to Build Blockchain-Based Platform for More Efficient Metals & Mining Supply Chain Solution - January 17, 2019
- Former Director of Mobile for TripAdvisor and Viator Joins KeyoCoin Team to Help Build Intuitive Mobile Booking Platform - January 10, 2019
- Project PAI Blockchain Protocol and Blockfolio Signal Beta, Create Platform for AI-Powered 3D Avatars - December 17, 2018
- Nigerian Start-up Announces Revolutionary Global Decentralized Health Platform With A Distributed Blockchain - December 15, 2018
- CEO of Panxora Warns: ‘Draconian’ Regulatory Measures Could Risk Losing Control of Crypto in US - December 13, 2018
- Lancor Scientific Links Use of a Digital Token to Global Blockchain-based Cancer Screening Registry - December 13, 2018