Switcheo Network, the first non-custodian cryptocurrency exchange on the NEO blockchain, has just gone live on Ethereum. The launch, also dubbed Callisto, has made Switcheo, recognized for its intuitive user interface, the first non-custodian exchange to support both NEO and Ethereum blockchains.
Unlike most non-custodian exchanges, Switcheo is allowing new traders to onboard themselves. Co-founded by traders – Ivan Poon, Henry Chua and Jack Yeu, Switcheo once began as a solution to the common problems of centralized exchanges – Security, User Anonymity and Trust.
“The rollout of Callisto is a significant milestone for us. Our users can now trade on two different blockchains while retaining ownership of their funds,” explained Poon. “They will no longer need to create trading accounts on different exchanges, thus lessening their risks of getting hacked.”
“Switcheo Exchange was built to facilitate the transfer of digital assets across different blockchains securely without a trusted third party,” says Switcheo’s Chief Executive Officer, Ivan Poon.
The exchange certainly has come a long way since their successful launch on the NEO blockchain March this year, where daily trading volume peaked at $3 million USD with over 25300 traders.
Switcheo’s integration unto Ethereum signifies the beginning to a completely new era.
“We are currently in the development phase of enabling blockchains’ interoperability to activate cross-chain trading,” shares Poon. “Because each blockchain runs on its own unique protocol and, there is no current technology that facilitate their interaction with one another.”
With no predecessors, Switcheo’s innovation will be the first of its kind in the blockchain industry. Poon further reveals that Switcheo will build a specialized blockchain to facilitate trustless cross-chain transfers in the future.
Switcheo’s evolution to cross-chain integration through building its own blockchain will ultimately put them head-to-head with larger centralized exchange, having the potential to challenge conventional financial institutions through its ability to list tokens across multiple blockchains on a single non-custodian exchange.
Following the launch, Switcheo will list over 22 new trading pairs, including tokens from notable Ethereum projects such as the stable-coin Maker (MKR), OmiseGO (OMG), Basic Attention Token (BAT) and more.
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design - April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency - April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Technology Expected to Grow 66.4% in next 5 Years According to MRFR Research Findings - April 8, 2019
- Japanese Trading Platform Liquid Achieves Unicorn Status through Investments from IDG Capital and Bitmain Technologies - April 8, 2019
- 105 Organizations Announce Commitment to New Blockchain Association INATBA Created by the European Union - April 6, 2019
- Start Up Energy Transition (SET) names Blockchain Company Insolar amongst Top 100 Tech Innovators - April 4, 2019
- Bitwise Asset Management report Claims 95% of Bitcoin Trading Volumes are Fake, Overstating True Size of the Market - March 30, 2019
- Flipside Crypto’s Release of the FCAS25 Mechanism Shows Health of Crypto Industry has been on the Rise through 2018/19. - March 29, 2019
- Digix is launching DigixDao Platform, Joining Ranks of Pioneering Decentralised Autonomous Organisations in Singapore - March 28, 2019
- Quedex on Brink of Becoming World’s First Regulated Crypto-Centric Futures and Options Exchange, after in-principle Decision from GFSC - March 27, 2019
- Ugandan Orphanage able to Sustain Itself through Cryptocurrency Donations from Listeners of National Radio Show - March 26, 2019
- Blockchain-based Entertainment Platform ‘Blue Baikal’ opens Pre-Registration Event Connecting Producers, Influencers and Consumers - March 26, 2019
- French Crypto-Friendly Pacte Law Passes Second Reading in National Assembly, Senate Next - March 25, 2019
- Bamboo Capital Partners, Government of Togo and Moeda Seeds Bank Join to Launch the Bloc fund to Consolidate Social Development - March 25, 2019
- Western Union Joins Stellar Partner Thunes to Use Blockchain to Speed Up Transfers - March 25, 2019
- Dragonchain Announces Partnership with Humanitarian Organization M2030, Facilitating Donation Processes with Blockchain to Fight Malaria - March 21, 2019
- PUBLIQ Named Finalist by UK Parliamentary Group for Blockchain Application in Media Category - March 20, 2019