The experts on personal finance comparison site finder.com’s latest monthly Cryptocurrency Predictions Survey have recently given their thoughts on the drops over the last week of November. Their predictions for December are cautious for most coins, but positive for others.
It’s not set to be a very positive month for Binance Coin (BNB), Litecoin (LTC), and TRON (TRX). Unfortunately all coins are forecast to fall even further by December 31, with Binance suffering the biggest decrease at -32 percent. This is followed by Litecoin at -13 percent, and Tron at -12 percent.
Commenting on Litecoin’s outlook, Alisa Gus, CEO of WishKnish, said, “It’s not looking good for [Litecoin], especially considering it’s been positioning itself as a financial transactions coin, and yet Ripple and Stellar are dominating that market.”
However the panelists are predicting some coins to make strong recoveries. Stellar (XLM) and Cardano (ADA) are both expected to increase by 100 percent over the next month – to $0.28 and $0.06 respectively. Explaining his rationale behind Stellar’s predicted rise, Miko Matsumura of Evercoin said it had a “muscular ecosystem” and “many deep ties to industry and enterprise”.
Bitcoin (BTC) is also expected to have a significant increase, rising by 81 percent. Despite dropping to a low of $3,587 on November 25, 2018, panelists in the Finder survey forecast the coin could recover to $6,778 as soon as January 1, 2019.
Panelists were not all in agreement with each other when it came to bitcoin. They gave varied predictions for its value over the next month, with five of the nine panelists giving predictions above US$5,000, while four panelists expect the coin to be valued at or below US$4,000 by January 1, 2019. This includes Fred Schebesta, CEO and co-founder of HiveEx.com and Finder.com, who gave the lowest prediction on the panel at just US$1,800 for January 1, suggesting he doesn’t expect a recovery over the next year.
Jon Ostler, UK CEO at finder.com says, “The end of November marked big shifts in the cryptocurrency market, particularly for bitcoin, which saw it’s value nearly halved between November 14th and the 25th. Some coins saw bigger drops than others, but all the top ten coins by market cap have experienced some kind of fall, and continue to drop.
“Our panelists were cautiously optimistic this month, and while the average prediction suggests the market could recover by as soon as January, a few of our panelists noted it could fall even further. This past week has demonstrated the volatility of the market once more. While our panelists predictions provide interesting insights, this month really shows that when it comes to cryptocurrency at the moment, all bets are off.
“As such, when reading this report, people should always remember the inherent volatility of the market. Always do your own research and make financial decisions based on your own personal financial circumstances.”
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design - April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency - April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Technology Expected to Grow 66.4% in next 5 Years According to MRFR Research Findings - April 8, 2019
- Japanese Trading Platform Liquid Achieves Unicorn Status through Investments from IDG Capital and Bitmain Technologies - April 8, 2019
- 105 Organizations Announce Commitment to New Blockchain Association INATBA Created by the European Union - April 6, 2019
- Start Up Energy Transition (SET) names Blockchain Company Insolar amongst Top 100 Tech Innovators - April 4, 2019
- Bitwise Asset Management report Claims 95% of Bitcoin Trading Volumes are Fake, Overstating True Size of the Market - March 30, 2019
- Flipside Crypto’s Release of the FCAS25 Mechanism Shows Health of Crypto Industry has been on the Rise through 2018/19. - March 29, 2019
- Digix is launching DigixDao Platform, Joining Ranks of Pioneering Decentralised Autonomous Organisations in Singapore - March 28, 2019
- Quedex on Brink of Becoming World’s First Regulated Crypto-Centric Futures and Options Exchange, after in-principle Decision from GFSC - March 27, 2019
- Ugandan Orphanage able to Sustain Itself through Cryptocurrency Donations from Listeners of National Radio Show - March 26, 2019
- Blockchain-based Entertainment Platform ‘Blue Baikal’ opens Pre-Registration Event Connecting Producers, Influencers and Consumers - March 26, 2019
- French Crypto-Friendly Pacte Law Passes Second Reading in National Assembly, Senate Next - March 25, 2019
- Bamboo Capital Partners, Government of Togo and Moeda Seeds Bank Join to Launch the Bloc fund to Consolidate Social Development - March 25, 2019
- Western Union Joins Stellar Partner Thunes to Use Blockchain to Speed Up Transfers - March 25, 2019
- Dragonchain Announces Partnership with Humanitarian Organization M2030, Facilitating Donation Processes with Blockchain to Fight Malaria - March 21, 2019