Filmio believes talented creators should have opportunities, that fans should have a voice, and that investors should have access to better metrics for predicting success. Filmio is leveraging the democratizing power of blockchain technology to meet the needs of all members of the entertainment industry.
Filmio Executive Chairman, Bryan Hertz, said, “We saw a gap in the current entertainment ecosystem when it comes to independent film, VR, and TV. There are plenty of film lovers who want to watch more unique, diverse, and original content, but it’s very difficult for indie filmmakers to not only make their films, but to find their audience. We saw an opportunity to create an ecosystem that connects creators to fans and actually incentivizes fan involvement to elevate the best ideas from indie filmmakers whose content isn’t getting made in the current system.”
Using the tokenizing capabilities enabled by blockchain technology, Filmio rewards fans for evaluating and rating projects early in the creative process. They can discover projects, and influence the creative process with votes, reviews and promotion. This fan-creator symbiosis grows a meritocratic, self-sustaining ecosystem where the best projects reach fruition.
This feedback will be invaluable to filmmakers, and the aggregate of fan ratings and social interactions will be compiled into a one-of-a-kind algorithmic validation metric representing fan opinion. This ‘Go Score,’ as Filmio calls it, could offer studios, production companies, financiers, and other industry players a solid indication of a film’s likelihood of success early on in development. Such a measure of a project’s potential resonance among fans has never before been realized in Hollywood.
“Blockchain is the only technology that adequately enables the creation of a peer-to-peer path connecting fans to creators,” said Don Richmond, Filmio Chief Marketing Officer who boasts over twenty years of experience working with such notables as HBO, DIRECTV, ESPN, and Showtime. “Our vision is that, by connecting these two groups, the best ideas will gain attention from financiers, investors, and other industry players key to a project’s success.”
Given the rise of security tokens offering a promising, more disciplined foundation for blockchain applications within the volatile utility-token-only ICO market, Filmio has engineered a best-of-both-worlds solution: a dual-token ecosystem comprised of FILM security tokens and FAN utility tokens. The Filmio Decentralized Platform is being built on EOS for optimal scaling, speed, data storage, and developer support. These efforts are led by Chris J Davis, Filmio’s Chief Technical Officer who is a full stack developer with experience building blockchain-based projects and over 20 years of experience in design and engineering.
Given a talented team with knowledge of both the problems in entertainment as well as the capabilities of blockchain technology and tokenization, Filmio is well-suited to build a decentralized solution for the film, TV, and VR industries.
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design - April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency - April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Technology Expected to Grow 66.4% in next 5 Years According to MRFR Research Findings - April 8, 2019
- Japanese Trading Platform Liquid Achieves Unicorn Status through Investments from IDG Capital and Bitmain Technologies - April 8, 2019
- 105 Organizations Announce Commitment to New Blockchain Association INATBA Created by the European Union - April 6, 2019
- Start Up Energy Transition (SET) names Blockchain Company Insolar amongst Top 100 Tech Innovators - April 4, 2019
- Bitwise Asset Management report Claims 95% of Bitcoin Trading Volumes are Fake, Overstating True Size of the Market - March 30, 2019
- Flipside Crypto’s Release of the FCAS25 Mechanism Shows Health of Crypto Industry has been on the Rise through 2018/19. - March 29, 2019
- Digix is launching DigixDao Platform, Joining Ranks of Pioneering Decentralised Autonomous Organisations in Singapore - March 28, 2019
- Quedex on Brink of Becoming World’s First Regulated Crypto-Centric Futures and Options Exchange, after in-principle Decision from GFSC - March 27, 2019
- Ugandan Orphanage able to Sustain Itself through Cryptocurrency Donations from Listeners of National Radio Show - March 26, 2019
- Blockchain-based Entertainment Platform ‘Blue Baikal’ opens Pre-Registration Event Connecting Producers, Influencers and Consumers - March 26, 2019
- French Crypto-Friendly Pacte Law Passes Second Reading in National Assembly, Senate Next - March 25, 2019
- Bamboo Capital Partners, Government of Togo and Moeda Seeds Bank Join to Launch the Bloc fund to Consolidate Social Development - March 25, 2019
- Western Union Joins Stellar Partner Thunes to Use Blockchain to Speed Up Transfers - March 25, 2019
- Dragonchain Announces Partnership with Humanitarian Organization M2030, Facilitating Donation Processes with Blockchain to Fight Malaria - March 21, 2019