Filmio believes talented creators should have opportunities, that fans should have a voice, and that investors should have access to better metrics for predicting success. Filmio is leveraging the democratizing power of blockchain technology to meet the needs of all members of the entertainment industry.
Filmio Executive Chairman, Bryan Hertz, said, “We saw a gap in the current entertainment ecosystem when it comes to independent film, VR, and TV. There are plenty of film lovers who want to watch more unique, diverse, and original content, but it’s very difficult for indie filmmakers to not only make their films, but to find their audience. We saw an opportunity to create an ecosystem that connects creators to fans and actually incentivizes fan involvement to elevate the best ideas from indie filmmakers whose content isn’t getting made in the current system.”
Using the tokenizing capabilities enabled by blockchain technology, Filmio rewards fans for evaluating and rating projects early in the creative process. They can discover projects, and influence the creative process with votes, reviews and promotion. This fan-creator symbiosis grows a meritocratic, self-sustaining ecosystem where the best projects reach fruition.
This feedback will be invaluable to filmmakers, and the aggregate of fan ratings and social interactions will be compiled into a one-of-a-kind algorithmic validation metric representing fan opinion. This ‘Go Score,’ as Filmio calls it, could offer studios, production companies, financiers, and other industry players a solid indication of a film’s likelihood of success early on in development. Such a measure of a project’s potential resonance among fans has never before been realized in Hollywood.
“Blockchain is the only technology that adequately enables the creation of a peer-to-peer path connecting fans to creators,” said Don Richmond, Filmio Chief Marketing Officer who boasts over twenty years of experience working with such notables as HBO, DIRECTV, ESPN, and Showtime. “Our vision is that, by connecting these two groups, the best ideas will gain attention from financiers, investors, and other industry players key to a project’s success.”
Given the rise of security tokens offering a promising, more disciplined foundation for blockchain applications within the volatile utility-token-only ICO market, Filmio has engineered a best-of-both-worlds solution: a dual-token ecosystem comprised of FILM security tokens and FAN utility tokens. The Filmio Decentralized Platform is being built on EOS for optimal scaling, speed, data storage, and developer support. These efforts are led by Chris J Davis, Filmio’s Chief Technical Officer who is a full stack developer with experience building blockchain-based projects and over 20 years of experience in design and engineering.
Given a talented team with knowledge of both the problems in entertainment as well as the capabilities of blockchain technology and tokenization, Filmio is well-suited to build a decentralized solution for the film, TV, and VR industries.
- Blockchain in healthcare market is Expected to Reach $890.5 Million by 2023 due to Increasing Number of Partnerships and Collaborations - February 12, 2019
- Coinify Introduces myCoinify, a B2C service For Individual Traders - February 12, 2019
- Yosemite X has Announced the First Open Source Public Blockchain that Operates without a Native Cryptocurrency - February 8, 2019
- Global Investment Advisory Company says much more Stable STO might merge with, or Entirely Replace IPO - February 8, 2019
- The Chamber of Digital Commerce and Blockchain Association of Canada Join for a Stronger and more Coordinated Blockchain Ecosystem - February 6, 2019
- US Merchants can now Accept Crypytocurrency Payments from their Customers, With Fee Free Cryptocurrency Point of Sale Payment Ecosystem - February 6, 2019
- Former Last.fm’s founder shakes up user privacy access with new Slant on blockchain technology - January 31, 2019
- New Report by BlockchainDefender Links Lack of Trust in Cryptocurrency Industry to Dwindling Coin Prices - January 31, 2019
- VX Network introduces a new Crypto Based, Monopoly-Style Board Game called Crypto Marble - January 30, 2019
- China Ranked first in World of Blockchain and AI Patents Being Filed – USA Runner-up - January 24, 2019
- Block.one Releases EOSIO 1.6.0, Transaction Processing Speeds Could Increase up to 35% - January 24, 2019
- First Cannabis Validation Testing Program Reaches Markets to Create Much Needed Transparency - January 23, 2019
- Eurasian Resources Group is Piloting Blockchain Based Solution on the IBM Blockchain Platform - January 21, 2019
- Coinstar to Give Consumers a Convenient and Easy Way to Buy Bitcoin at Coinstar®Kiosks - January 18, 2019
- Tech Firm IBM and MineHub Join to Build Blockchain-Based Platform for More Efficient Metals & Mining Supply Chain Solution - January 17, 2019
- Former Director of Mobile for TripAdvisor and Viator Joins KeyoCoin Team to Help Build Intuitive Mobile Booking Platform - January 10, 2019
- Project PAI Blockchain Protocol and Blockfolio Signal Beta, Create Platform for AI-Powered 3D Avatars - December 17, 2018
- Nigerian Start-up Announces Revolutionary Global Decentralized Health Platform With A Distributed Blockchain - December 15, 2018
- CEO of Panxora Warns: ‘Draconian’ Regulatory Measures Could Risk Losing Control of Crypto in US - December 13, 2018
- Lancor Scientific Links Use of a Digital Token to Global Blockchain-based Cancer Screening Registry - December 13, 2018