Key Pictures Ltd. is pleased to announce the world broadcast premiere of the new 4-part documentary series, Inside The Cryptokingdom, co-directed by award-winning filmmakers Simon Hipkins and Charly W. Feldman. The series dives into the crypto kingdom to understand the technology behind it all, and shows us why we should all care about how this technology develops.
Filmmakers Simon Hipkins and Charly W. Feldman are best known for (Documentaries: Sisters of the Blood Feud (2017), Another News Story (2017), The Talwars: Behind Closed Doors (2017).
The current hype about bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as millions are made and lost make for great headlines, but misses the far more interesting story about the technology that allows them to exist – namely blockchain or decentralized applications. Just as it’s difficult to do anything without the internet today, in 10 years we might very well be saying the same thing about blockchain.
The series travels through a landscape where the virtual and the physical intertwine, where seemingly abstract concepts like bitcoin, cryptocurrency, blockchain have inspired millennials, libertarians, financiers and entrepreneurs to throw themselves into the technology and explore its potential for the future. Some see it as a revolution, others see the prospect of great profits, and many get lost in between – prey to scams, hacks, or naiveté. We travel across Latin America, Asia and Europe in search of the truth behind the hype and to talk to some of the pioneers behind this technological phenomenon.
Episode 1 – The Genesis Synopsis: What is Bitcoin? We go back to the day Satoshi Nakamoto proposed a radical new form of electronic money. In the wake of a devastating financial crisis, an ecosystem would soon emerge across the globe. TV Broadcast: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 @ 8PM SGT on Channel NewsAsia Online Release: Tuesday, November 27, 2018
Episode 2 – The Cryptocurrency Gold Rush Synopsis: We dive into crypto-mania as the value of Bitcoin skyrocket in a crypto-wild west, and the world goes mad for the huge profits to be made. Is there no limit to where crypto could go next? TV Broadcast: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 @ 8PM SGT on Channel NewsAsia Online Release: Tuesday, December 4, 2018
Episode 3 – In Code We Trust Synopsis: With bitcoin, came blockchain technology – a tool to decentralise all sorts of things beyond currency. But will it radically transform the way we live, or simply make existing systems more efficient? TV Broadcast: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 @ 8PM SGT on Channel NewsAsia Online Release: Tuesday, December 11, 2018
Episode 4 – The Machine Ordered Universe Synopsis: Pioneers of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies have bold visions of an increasingly virtual future. Will it be a tech-rich utopia? The science-fiction future may be closer than we realise. TV Broadcast: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 @ 8PM SGT on Channel NewsAsia Online Release: Tuesday, December 18, 2018
The series is airing on Channel NewsAsia on Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 8:00 pm SGT. The documentary series will also be available to watch online worldwide at channelnewsasia.com/news/video-on- demand/inside-the-cryptokingdom, starting November 27, 2018.
- Ugandan Orphanage able to Sustain Itself through Cryptocurrency Donations from Listeners of National Radio Show - March 26, 2019
- Blockchain-based Entertainment Platform ‘Blue Baikal’ opens Pre-Registration Event Connecting Producers, Influencers and Consumers - March 26, 2019
- French Crypto-Friendly Pacte Law Passes Second Reading in National Assembly, Senate Next - March 25, 2019
- Bamboo Capital Partners, Government of Togo and Moeda Seeds Bank Join to Launch the Bloc fund to Consolidate Social Development - March 25, 2019
- Western Union Joins Stellar Partner Thunes to Use Blockchain to Speed Up Transfers - March 25, 2019
- Dragonchain Announces Partnership with Humanitarian Organization M2030, Facilitating Donation Processes with Blockchain to Fight Malaria - March 21, 2019
- PUBLIQ Named Finalist by UK Parliamentary Group for Blockchain Application in Media Category - March 20, 2019
- FashionTV Leaps into the World of Blockchain by Partnering up with Decentralized E-commerce Platform WAAM - March 20, 2019
- Kudelski Security Announces Partnership with Hosho To Secure Blockchain Ecosystems - March 19, 2019
- Blockchain Goes Hollywood is Expected to Attract Blockchain and Crypto Experts, Investors and Celebrities to Epic multi-day Event - March 19, 2019
- Blockmason and Bitsonic Announce Token Generation Event for BLINK, Link’s Utility Token - March 15, 2019
- DX Exchange and Perlin Network Bring Tokenized Apple and Facebook Stocks to Empower a vast new Population of Retail Investors on the Blockchain - March 15, 2019
- Forte And Xpring create $100 Million Fund To stimulate Mainstream Use Of Blockchain In Games - March 13, 2019
- Private Jet Instant Booking Platform Announces Security Token Offering (STO) - March 12, 2019
- Samsung SDS is announcing its plans to innovate in various fields with Blockchain and Intelligent Process Automation - March 12, 2019
- The Fourth Global ICO / STO Report tells us ICOs are Growing Less, but Growing Up - March 11, 2019
- Zilliqa joins Student Organisation at King’s College London to Launch Blockchain A-Z Workshops - March 9, 2019
- Alfa-Bank and the Marco Polo Network join to Optimize Trade Finance with Blockchain technology - March 7, 2019
- Insolar Launches Testnet 1.1 making it the most Scalable Enterprise Blockchain Platform - March 6, 2019
- New Decentralized Social Network Platform Creary rewards Creatives and curators for sharing Digital Art - March 6, 2019