Key Pictures Ltd. is pleased to announce the world broadcast premiere of the new 4-part documentary series, Inside The Cryptokingdom, co-directed by award-winning filmmakers Simon Hipkins and Charly W. Feldman. The series dives into the crypto kingdom to understand the technology behind it all, and shows us why we should all care about how this technology develops.
Filmmakers Simon Hipkins and Charly W. Feldman are best known for (Documentaries: Sisters of the Blood Feud (2017), Another News Story (2017), The Talwars: Behind Closed Doors (2017).
The current hype about bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as millions are made and lost make for great headlines, but misses the far more interesting story about the technology that allows them to exist – namely blockchain or decentralized applications. Just as it’s difficult to do anything without the internet today, in 10 years we might very well be saying the same thing about blockchain.
The series travels through a landscape where the virtual and the physical intertwine, where seemingly abstract concepts like bitcoin, cryptocurrency, blockchain have inspired millennials, libertarians, financiers and entrepreneurs to throw themselves into the technology and explore its potential for the future. Some see it as a revolution, others see the prospect of great profits, and many get lost in between – prey to scams, hacks, or naiveté. We travel across Latin America, Asia and Europe in search of the truth behind the hype and to talk to some of the pioneers behind this technological phenomenon.
Episode 1 – The Genesis Synopsis: What is Bitcoin? We go back to the day Satoshi Nakamoto proposed a radical new form of electronic money. In the wake of a devastating financial crisis, an ecosystem would soon emerge across the globe. TV Broadcast: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 @ 8PM SGT on Channel NewsAsia Online Release: Tuesday, November 27, 2018
Episode 2 – The Cryptocurrency Gold Rush Synopsis: We dive into crypto-mania as the value of Bitcoin skyrocket in a crypto-wild west, and the world goes mad for the huge profits to be made. Is there no limit to where crypto could go next? TV Broadcast: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 @ 8PM SGT on Channel NewsAsia Online Release: Tuesday, December 4, 2018
Episode 3 – In Code We Trust Synopsis: With bitcoin, came blockchain technology – a tool to decentralise all sorts of things beyond currency. But will it radically transform the way we live, or simply make existing systems more efficient? TV Broadcast: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 @ 8PM SGT on Channel NewsAsia Online Release: Tuesday, December 11, 2018
Episode 4 – The Machine Ordered Universe Synopsis: Pioneers of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies have bold visions of an increasingly virtual future. Will it be a tech-rich utopia? The science-fiction future may be closer than we realise. TV Broadcast: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 @ 8PM SGT on Channel NewsAsia Online Release: Tuesday, December 18, 2018
The series is airing on Channel NewsAsia on Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 8:00 pm SGT. The documentary series will also be available to watch online worldwide at channelnewsasia.com/news/video-on- demand/inside-the-cryptokingdom, starting November 27, 2018.
- ConsenSys and WWF Panda Labs Team up on Project Impactio To Drive and Fund Social Innovation - October 2, 2019
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019